Size Does Matter?

I own a Gateway notebook computer. I recently wiped it clean and reloaded everything. All is well except everything is a little large in size. I have a moon widget on my desktop and its a little oblong.

In help I've tried

1. Show, hide, or resize desktop icons

2. Change the size of virtual memory

3. Change webpage text size in Internet Explorer

4. Change the size or resolution of a picture

5. Change the file size or quality level of a JPEG picture

Still, the monitor image is not quite correct.

Even the Windows button on the taskbar, at the bottom of my screen, is a little too large.

Please help strink it all just a little.

GOT IT!

Thanks for all your helpful suggestions but none of them were on point.

What fixed the distortion was to go from 1024X768 to 1280X800 pixels. Everything got clear and sharp.

Thanks again.

Favorite Answer

Right click on an empty space on the desktop. select the settings tab. look for screen resolution and increas the slider for more space. If everything looks ok. select yes to keep the settings. If you cannot move the slider anymore to the left then you have to reload the video driver. Go to gateway and select your computer model all the drivers can be downloaded from there.

It sounds like your screen resolution is off... or you don't have the correct video driver.

if you cant change your resolution you may need to download drivers for your video card...good luck