sonata arctica!! power metal band!?

a great tip for you guys.. if you havent already! check out this amazing band SONATA ARCTICA! download fullmoon its awesome!!

some more amazing power bands i like:

stratovarius

gammaray

blind guardian

helloween,

iced earth,

demons and wizards.....

check em out! :P

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Already know them. Thankgod someone out there knows some underground metal bands...btw there all pretty good.

• 1 decade ago

Ok guys, here comes the ****** king of power metal (I play in a PM band).

Sonata Arctica, Stratovarius and Iced Earth are all pretty mediocre mainstream power metal to be honest, but not bad by any means.

Heres some really, really good power metal to keep y'all going:

Hibria

Edguy

Kamelot

Falconer

3 Inches of Blood

Jag Panzer

The Lord Weird Slough Feg

Heavenly

Galloglass

Firewind

Fairyland

Savage Circus

Manticora

Sabaton

Kiuas

Persuader

And thats just a few! Keep it metal guys!

Oh, and to the guy above me: Demons & Wizards are FAR superior to Iced Earth. Hansi Kursch is a metal god.

ALSO, Elvenking \m/

• fromm
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

a million. Kamelot 2. Angra 3. Stratovarius 4. Mercenary (means blended with Melodeath) 5. Avantasia/Edguy (2 separate bands, yet the two contain Tobias Sammet, between the excellent PM vocalists ever, IMO)

• 1 decade ago

Yay for awesome music from Finland!!

Many of these bands I hadn't heard of and i've checked a few out, sounds great.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

sonata arctica is a little too cheesy for me. though i absolutely LOVE blind guardian and demons and wizards. Jag Panzer is good....So is Kamelot. Sinergy? \m/

• Danno
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

iced earth is the best out of your list....one of the only good ones on your list. though demons and wizards has schaffer, it's not all that great.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

HELL YES!!

great list!!..

you forgot to mention racer x ((i love paul gilbert!)), nevermore, edguy, kamelot, ronnie james dio, manowar, dark moor, primal fear, badlands, and angra though.. :)

• 1 decade ago

They are all pretty good.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.