Does anyone know what (if any) religion Angelina Jolie subscribes to?

It seems to me that she has been the biggest do-gooder in Hollywood lately... with all of her work for refugees world-wide.

I was wondering if she was motivated by a certain faith.

Favorite Answer

She doesn't identify with any religion and may not even believe in god (open ended-not confirmed if she does or doesn't). So really, I think its just doing good things for the sake of good things and not based on religion.

Angelina Jolie on Religion and the Meaning of Life

Angelina Jolie does not identify herself with any single religion, nor has she declared herself an atheist. The subject of religion has not often come up in her interviews, so her beliefs about such things as God and the afterlife are not well documented.

The most direct statement Jolie is known to have made on the subject was reported by the website A.V. Club (associated with the online magazine The Onion), which asked a number of celebrities the question, "Is there a God?" and published the answers from 52 of them in a September 2000 feature story. Angelina Jolie gave the following answer:

Hmm... For some people. I hope so, for them. For the people who believe in it, I hope so. There doesn't need to be a God for me. There's something in people that's spiritual, that's godlike. I don't feel like doing things just because people say things, but I also don't really know if it's better to just not believe in anything, either.

Pre-pregnancy Angelina Jolie > current Angelina Jolie

Angelina Jolie does not identify herself with any single religion, nor has she declared herself an atheist (contrary to the claims of some atheist websites {5}). The subject of religion has not often come up in her interviews, so her beliefs about such things as God and the afterlife are not well documented....Angelina Jolie regards Buddhism as an important part of her son's Cambodian heritage and considers him a Buddhist.

No, Jolie has no known affiliation with any specific religion.

SPIRITUALITY!!!!!!!, BEING A KIND HEARTED SOUL, WHAT YOU BELEIVE AND FEEL!....NO MATTER WHAT SOCIALIZED RELIGION YOU WERE BROUGHT UP WITH, YOU WILL ALWAYS HAVE THE BASICS, AS YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE "PRACTICING" WITH THE RELIGION YOU WERE BORN INTO.

Angelina has said publicly there doesn't need to be any God for her to do things:

http://www.celebatheists.com/?title=Angelina_Jolie

• Lisa

The same faith that most people have...hoping their "good deeds" will get them into heaven. Sadly, that's not a drop in the bucket compared to Christ's sacrifice.

Well, based on her history of husband stealing, I'm going to take a wild guess that it isn't the Cross she fears.

well I think that she is an atheist..just take a look at this: