What can I use to subsitute hair rollers?

Favorite Answer

My grandma takes strips of cloth and wraps her hair around it then ties it like when you tie your shoe, not the bow part though just the1st part of tying a shoe. She says she can sleep on them and it isn't uncomfortable.

Source(s): My grandma!

years ago people use to use strips of cloth-old panty hose-new pipe cleaners[you can find these in the crafts section @ any store.Walmart etc Depending on Your hair type and the type of curl you are wanting is all in How tight you wrap and How long you leave these in.Make sections as you would for rollers.tie or twist which ever material you deside at the base of head or where you want the curl to start.Twist hair around to the end then tie or twist to the base where you started.They look silly but what a curl you will get.I like to use panty hose cause my hair is very long.The pipe cleaners are great for medium to short hair.The result can be eighter a banana curl [ like you see in pictures from the 40's ] or they can be brushed out for a full curly style.I personally can put my hair up overnight with a little styling gel and have curl for a week ! No Kidding ! Pin curls are another oldie but goodie.Just section hair and twist hair until it starts to turn it will look like a lil'bun =] and then use bobbie pins to secure. These types of curling are far better for your hair then heat.Only thing is they are not as fast as a curling iron or Hot Rollers.But it,s your hair~You choose whats best for You~

But you look beautful from here just being u.

Source(s): mother did my hair this way for Easter and school pictures,ahhh those where the days~

if you have curly hair use those bendable skinny rollers that snap into a loop in your hair or use the velcro version that conair makes with hot air and leave them in over night and you will have curls but be careful the bendables can get stuck in your hair when you take them out and the velcro can pull your hair out if you unroll them too quickly.

Source(s): me

you can curl ur hair or use soup or soda cans. You can also roll up paper and pin ur hair in it to create small curls.

you could curl your hair with a curling iron every morning.

a curling iron

roll up tissue make it long then twist from ends upward then clip with bobbypin

• curling iron

Soup cans! or any tin can that hasn't been opened.

i use pens and lock it with its cap