Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

cookie dough bad?

okay i admit it. im a sucker for cookie dough. mostly pillsbury brand. as we speak im actually eating some. so is it true it can be bad for you? cuz ive eaten about the whole tube of it in about a two weeks and havent gotten sick...

Favorite Answer

You can still get salmonella, as there's eggs, milk and that sort of thing in it. Just because you don't feel sick now, or you haven't gotten sick in the past, doesn't mean you won't in the future.

My advice? Try this eggless cookie dough recipe. I added the link to it below! :)

• Teresa

It depends on what type of cookie dough it is. If it's home made with raw eggs, then you shouldn't eat it. It could be contaminated with the salmonella bacterica, and you could get very sick. If it's commerically made cookie dough, you should check the label to see if it was made with raw eggs. There are some commerical cookie doughs that specifically say they were not made with raw eggs, and those would be safe to eat.

yea, I love raw cookie dough too. I don't reccomend that you eat too much because it will cause you to have an upset stomach for a few days. You don't have to worry as much about eating packaged cookie dough, just don't eat homemade cookie dough or you could get Salmonella.ick ={

Source(s): personal experience...

yes, it can be bad because it has raw eggs in it. when there are raw eggs in a product then there is a chance of getting salmonella poisoning. i too love cookie dough and ive never gotten sick from it, but if you do get sick, then its really bad<3

Besides the fact it'll make you fatter than a beached whale, yes, it is bad. It has raw eggs in it which can cause salmonella, a potentially life threatning disease.

ummmm yeah, because there are raw eggs in cookie dough, (except when it's in ice cream) and raw eggs can carry salmonella, which can make u sick

oh my goodness i do the same thing! i just realized like a week ago if you eat a certain amount it can make you sick, i didnt get sick though but i dont wanna take that chance anymore even though its so goooood. good luck

it isnt perfectly ok at all, it is about 90% refined sugars it'll make you fat especially if your sitting at the computer instead of exercising

You should be fine, it might cause your stomach to get upset but other than that I tihnk its perfectly okay.

probably has a lot of sugars and carbs that will creep up on you if you eat enough of it.