Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Who is a worse spokesman for their respective causes?

Al Gore for global warming, or Michael Moore for socialized health care? They are both very hypocritical for their own cause but I think Moore takes the cake because at least Al Gore will answer most questions about global warming while Moore will just say "Fox is bad" or "Bush's fault"

Favorite Answer

Both. They turned these EXTREMELY important issues into a political thing.

ADDED: I don't think we have scientific consensus in either arena. And I think we should be open to theories.

Socialized medicine, regardless of where you stand on the issue, is going to be the #1 Democratic draw-card in 2008. We need to be informed so we can argue our positions.

Yeah at least Al Gore doesn't use propaganda and lies to prove his points (although he does use selective information like Moore). Gore is quite the hypocrite though:

http://www.tennesseepolicy.org/main/article.php?ar...

And I think you should add to that list Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson who claim to be leaders of the black community but instead teach them to "just blame white people." Sorry but that does no good whatsoever, no progress has ever been made by anyone who blames others for their own problems.

And any black man who comes out and claims that maybe it's not all the white man's fault gets persecuted by the media and called an Uncle Tom

And I'm sure I'll be called a racist for mentioning black people at all

Since neither Al Gore or Michael Moore have a real cause, I'd say they're great spokesmen. George Bush has a real cause, and nobody believes him; that makes him the worst spokesman.

• Don W

George Bush

• Ken C

Michael Moore. AlGore at least he is kinda like a Teddy Bear. Look at him. It's pretty tough to not laugh.

James Dobson for Focus on the Family. You couldn't have picked a worse person for the job. The man is incompetent and closed minded. He doesn't want anything to do with you if you aren't in the stereotypical "American dream" category.

They are indistinguishable. Gore may answer questions, but he wants to pick the questions or the venue so he does not get any real hard balls. The both run off of the same play book.

GW Bush for the USA

They look like evil minions.

Neither have any credibility in my book.

Vince