Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

When one rejects God's free gift of salvation, why does God take offense? Why does he come out shooting?

Favorite Answer

Take my prize...... or I'll cut your head off!

Do you want a hug? You had better or I'll shoot you in the face!

Have some candy.... or die a bloody, horrible death!

Accept me as your lord and savior.....or burn for all eternity!

Something like that?

God does not like to be rejected, he is a jealous God.

We have Jesus as our new covenant, by his blood we are saved.

GOD’S WORD OF TRUTH

Deuteronomy 4: 23 – 24 (the jealous God)

Isaiah 55:11 (God’s word will not return void)

Matthew 7: 24 – 26 (house built on rock)

1 Corinthians 3: 9 – 15 (foundation of the word in Jesus)

Titus 1: 1 – 3 (God can not lie)

1 Timothy 3:14 (the pillar and ground of truth)

2 Timothy 2: 14 – 15 (show yourself approved)

1 Corinthians 1: 20 – 31 (No flesh shall glory in his presence, not even the wise)

Matthew 13: 10 – 15 (HE SPOKE IN PARABLES)

Luke 17: 20 – 21 (God does not come with observation)

ww.mylordmysavior.com

• When the angels prove to God that he was wrong in the areas of the uncertain pure breed mankind, God takes offense and he has destroyed mankind in the past. God banishes the angels to the earth and labels them as being rebellious when all they were trying to do is help. That is the way it has always been. With God willing this will not always be. I hope this helps. Best Regards, M.G.S.

I don't think God takes offense. I think some of the people that helped write the bible took offense. I believe that much of the bible was written as a document of Jewish law. Much like we have books of laws now. So any retribution contained there is simple that....crime and punishment in biblical times.

I really believe that God could care less if you believe in him or not. He gave you free will but, your life will be overwhelmingly more gratifying if you accept his gifts with gratitude, but he will give them to you regardless.

• Midge

If he "came out shooting" there would only be about 1/3 of the people on this board left

God does not take offense--he allows free choice. He does not come out shooting. He continues with his plan with one less saved person. Are you saying you have proof of Gods existence and still say no--Isn't that FREE-WILL.

How does God come out shooting?

Source(s): em

I know what you mean. If he were real then he's a big baby that throws hissy fits if you don't do things his way by (supposedly) casting you in hell. Now if we did stuff like that here to our children then we'd be arrested for child abuse.

I wouldn't worry about being shot at or sent to hell. We're already in hell and the christians plus our government are the demons.

• RB

We live, then comes judgment. I haven't seen God force Himself on anyone. When we eject salvation, then we are judged by the law, and are guilty. We have a lifetime to make the decision. I have made mine for Jesus.

people don't you realize that this man asks cryptic, almost paradoxical questions in order to get you to think? You can't be so simple-minded as to answer him directly. His questions are parabolic and you have to allow them to expand your mind and not just bust out with some knee-jerk reaction. It's not the text of the question, it's the subtext!

God doesn't own a gun! I'd have to guess you are shooting yourself in the foot while running from help.