Don B asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

What is a good energy booster for a 40 yr old man?

Favorite Answer

I find a snappy 10 mile run fixes just about anything. Since you're just a young pup, make it 20.

Exercising in the morning is a great energy booster. You'll stay active during a good portion of the day. A green apple is a great natural energy booster. Also you can try coffee, but not the simplified downgraded coffee most Americans are used to. Try going to Star bucks and getting your self a good blend of Arabic or Colombian blends. Good Luck!!

There are these little green bottles that work very well. They are about 3in. tall and come in packs of 6. They are called 'Energy Booster', simply. I know they are sold in Chicago, where my Dad used to live, but I'm not sure about anywhere else. Redbull works very well, as does Monster, and Rockstar. There is even a fairly good energy drink entitled 'Cocaine'. Generic brands work almost as good, but they pretty much get the job done. You should also try cofee and 'Stay Awake' or 'Energy' Pills. Hope this information is useful.

Source(s): Being a kid, and experimenting with keeping awake.

I am 44.

I have lost a total of 120 pounds so far.

I lost 105 pounds in my first 6 months. Here is how I did it.

1. Every morning get up and walk for 45 minutes. You can start with less time, but you want to get up to 45 minutes, and it must be fast walk. You want your heart rate to go up. It must be in the morning, it kick starts your metabolism.

2. I cut out Red Meat, and fatty foods. Boneless skinnless chicken breast, baked, or grilled, rice and vegetables (steamed).

3. Eat half. Just eat half of what you normally eat. Put 1/2 on your plate, and put the rest away. Cook less. When you go to fast food, get salads only. Or grilled chicken. No fries, only diet soda. Or water.

It will work, once you get into a routine, you will get hooked on the results, and you will keep the routine. It has been over a year for me.

Also start counting your calories. Write them down. You would be amazed as to how much more aware you are of your caloric intake, if you actually write it down. We recently discovered a site that offers a great program that counts calories, as well as keeps track of everything. It allows multiple users, so everyone in the family can keep track. They offer a free 7 day trial, and so far I am very impressed with the product. Try the 7 days and see. It allows you to add the exercise that you do during the day, which increases the amount of calories you can take in. Very Cool!!

http://www.calorieking.com/

A sight with some really cool diet calculators and interesting calorie counting calculators is here. Check it out.

http://www.caloriesperhour.com/...

Check out my before and after pic at my yahoo 360 page

http://profiles.yahoo.com/gorillamyke...

Stay motivated, and get up and walk every day. I seriously lost all my weight starting off my day on my walk.

Good LUCK!

I would suggest a cleansing diet. I lost 12 pounds in 9 days and then 28 pounds in less than a month. I also lost a lot of inches too! I learned that cleansing will help the body get rid of impurities. Impurities come from a lot of things like fast food, pollution, food additives and preservatives and lots of other things. The impurities get stored in the fat in our body. To get rid of the fat, we have to get rid of the impurities by cleansing the body. This made sense to me and I decided to try a cleanse program and it worked. The weight came off fast and this kept me motivated to keep going, not like other diets where the weight loss it too slow. I did Jenny Craig, Weight Watcher and Medifast. If you want to learn more call the toll free number 1-877-587-4647 or check out the website. This was the first time I ever did a cleanse, it was easy and I feel better. Good luck whatever you decide to do! http://diet4cleansing.com/

Excercise!!! Also, stay away from processed foods and refined sugar...these can give a temporary feeling of increased energy only to cause you to crash later causing you to feel worse than you felt before you ate the offending item....it can also cause you to feel depressed. Excercise is a great mood elevator as well as energy booster...plus the long term effects are great...improved health, better shape a sexxier you!!!!

Viagra

Try a product called Greens Plus.

It is the first herbal product that I have found actually works.

Three or four days.

Also vitamins with all the B's +Iron

Feel good soon

• I am 55 and my fiance is 65. We both enjoy energy levels of 30-40 year old people thanks to glyconutrients.

• a 21 year old girlie! waaahheeyyyyy!