cell phone got wet?

i accidentally jumped into the pool with my cell phone in the pocket.

Its a verizon flip camera phone.

I have tried opening it up and blow drying it, and it is now sitting by a warm window. Any ideas on how to get the water out?

also is there any way to make it so the company cant tell it got wet?

please help!

don't tell me it was stupid to jump in the pool with it... i already figured that out.

Favorite Answer

You can try unscrewing the phone to make sure all the water gets out. And No, there isn't a way for the company to not find out it got wet because of an indicator inside the phone that changes color when it gets wet. I would suggest you try selling it on ebay. I dropped my phone in a lake and actually sold it on ebay to atleast get some money back.

There are a few things that can be done. The fact is whether or not you want your parents finding out. If you are self sufficient (car, license, or transportation adn your own money) then you can go to a cellphone repair place and have it fixed for 50-100 bucks fairly easily. YOu can also contact the company and have them replace the phone (generally for free if not then for a small charge). I "doubt" your parents are assholes. If something was done by accident don't be afraid to tell them about it. Just explained what happened and tellt hem in the future you will be much more careful (you can even buy things to seal them so they don't get wet).

This has happened twice to me. The first time my phone got wet, I put it in the hot water cupboard at home and that saved it. The second time, my phone drowned in a mojito and it couldn't be saved.

Try my first option and cross your fingers. Good luck.

nope. there is a tab inside the phone that changes color to say water damage. Do you have insurance? if not you now have an expensive paper weight.

ex VZ employee. They will nail you if you fudge on this one.

i dont this yer stupid the same thing happened to me! lol iforgot it was there and then it started like buzzing! lol so anyway i just let it dry for like 2 days and then it worked again exept for the * and 7 button onley sometimes worked but psh who needs those!! lol i just got a new phone a few months later so i lived with it! hope it works agian!

that happened 2 me just let it dry if it dosent work try getting a new battery it worked 4 me n it was 30 bucks not very expensive

well i dropped my fone in da pool last month and sprint said there was nothing dey could do so i had to buy a new phone. however, my ma dropped her phone in da toilet and it came back on 3 days later.

LOL... SHOULDA GOT THE INSURANCE!!!!!!!! ya i got no real advice on this one except the next phone you get... buy the insurance... its only $5 through verizon...

first of all, is the water inside the phone visible?