Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHomework Help · 1 decade ago

An example of discrimination against Germans in the U.S.?

I have been researching all day and I can not really find anything. Which is a good thing...except for when you have to write an essay about it.

Favorite Answer

During WWII in the USA, suddenly some German people would just "disappear" from their homes and never were heard from again.

Some were put in " interment camps" in the USA due to their being considered a threat. It was considered discrimination because they were German and the war was with Germany.

I'm not so sure that it was a bad thing because some of them may have had threatening connections to Germany that put the USA at risk.

BTW, I am 50% German ancestry. I'd rather be safe than sorry during a war.

Research German interment camps in the US during WW2 and WW1. See what you come up with.

If your teacher thinks that there was discrimination , then write the essay to say that you agree with the position held by your teacher. Do not mention anything about it NOT being discrimination!!

• ?

German Discrimination In America

After WWI, President Wilson blamed Germany for their involvement and start of the war, he did not want to add Germany in his 14 point speech and made Germany take all the blame for beginning the war, they made them pay all money back to european countries, even though their post-war economy was suffering...