college, help!?

I'm in high school and i registered for a class at a college. Something came up so i cannot attend that class anymore. It is not too late to drop the class. my syllabus says if i i drop the class there will NOT be a W grade. does this mean my transcript will be clean or will it still say drop out?

i do not need the class for credits, it is just for revision.

Favorite Answer

Your best bet is to contact your college to find out for sure, since most colleges and universities have different policies regarding dropping classes. It sounds like you won't receive a W, but I would double check.

The W means that you dropped the class after a certain point inthe semester - it stands for withdrawn. If you drop the class prior to the last drop day, then it won't show up your transcript.

It will be best if you dropped it before the drop date or you will end up with an "unwanted" grade in your records. your transcript will show a W however but it is better than an F