Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyOther - Skin & Body · 1 decade ago

i wanna get my bellybutton pierced but im scared it might get infected!?

Favorite Answer

It's stupid. Don't get it. It you have worries or doubts it's not worth getting.

I got my belly button pierced 6 years ago. To prevent infection make sure you use an ointment Neosporin or bacitracin to help it heal and keep bacteria away. DO NOT USE ALCOHOL... it slows the healing process and I was warned not to use it. I didn't. Also it will dry it out and make it hard to turn the piercing daily. Using alcohol on a "new" navel piercing can cause scar tissue/keloid to form. Instead use salt water or a saline solution to keep it clean.

Also start out with a surgical steel capitive bead (gold (real gold) if you can't get steel). Silver tarnishes and since you can't remove it after the piercing for sometime its best to get something that won't irritate your skin and also expose you to infection.

I've had mine pierced twice...first was a barbell and too close to the surface and ripped while on a ride at Cedar Point...one month after I had it done. The second time, after a year, I lost the ball on one end of the ring while at MIS so I took it out to replace it with another and it ended up getting infected so I was done after that. Now I just have a little lump of scar tissue and scars from the holes.

I am 12 years old. I got mine done 4 months ago and took it out about 2 weeks ago. Mine got caught and stuff too many times, it got torn and it was infected and crooked. The people said if I didnt take it out, I could get a blood infection and have a HORRIBLE scar. I am getting my nose done on AUgust 27 and repiercing my belly button when my Nose is healed.

My belly button was perfect until I went on the waterslides and ripped it. I would suggest getting it done cause it looks awesome!!! :)

Belly button piercings are the easiest to get infected because they're almost constantly irritated by pants. Keep it clean, and keep your clothes away from it as much as possible. Your piercer will tell you how to take care of it.

I had mine done 5 times, it looks nice but it is very hard to keep it from getting infected. It also closes up quickly! All I can say is maybe you will be one of the lucky ones! Use neosporine and alcohol to dry it out. Maybe this will help!!! Good luck!!

Not only is there a risk of getting it infected, but if you do not get it done by a real and true professional, your INTESTINE COULD BE PIERCED!!! That is truly disgusting. My advice, just do not do it. It could cause serious problems and it is not worth all the trouble.

If you get it pierced make sure you use a real ring not a fake silver one, you need a golden one. Also apply alcohol to your belly button to prevent infection.

if you take care of it, IT WON'T! regardless of what anyone say, take care of it and it won't get infected. make sure the person uses clean utensils and so forth and make sure the jewelry is SURGICAL STEEL, i never got a belly piercing but i did buy the belly ring and i still have it. i did however get a tattoo in february and took care of it and its fine && i just got another hole in my ears 3 weeks ago and im taking care of that! JUST TAKE CARE OF IT! do research on how to take care of it, thats what made me confident in getting a tattoo and the piercing!

• teresa

Your mothers packed with it, particular it may get contaminated, particular that hurts. yet once you get it accomplished with the help of a expert and stick to all of their aftercare classes you would be high-quality. specifically situations once you get pierced and get rid of it it incredibly is going to variety a knot which could specifically situations problem you the knot is in basic terms scar tissue no longer a great deal till you attempt to pierce it returned. till your particular you could shop it in till it incredibly is completely healed do no longer do it to dodge the scar tissue. you could continuously get another keen grownup woman to pose as your mom she does not would desire to have a similar call as you on the grounds that she ought to of remarried yet you will would desire to handle mom afterwards and she or he'll be disappointed you went at the back of her back!!!! I advise chatting with mom and attempt to get her to realize it incredibly is a few thing you particularly need, and the shops are sparkling and expert.

well make sure you clean it every day and do the proper procedures in what they instruct... anything you put on your body has a possibility of getting infected if you dont take the proper precausion... so just be safe and clean it well

Source(s): I have 5 peircings