Sarah M asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 decade ago

why is preggo such a big deal??

seriously; why does it make so many of you soooo angry when the term preggo, preggy etc is used? i am a well educated, 23 year old who refers to myself as preggo all the time (since somewhere else i read someone said its b/c they are undereducated young girls saying it). its just a common term where i live, and ive never ever seen anyone get so upset over the term before YA!! its easier to type i guess, but still cant explain as to why we use in speech daily here... so anyway, just curious why its so annoying, and why make such a big deal over it? i try to watch what i type as not to get thumbs down for my terms, or have someone go off on a rant cause i said "preggo"...

maybe its not as bad as i thought, as i havent really seen anyone come and flip over my question!! :) hehehe... "knocked up" on a tshirt! I LOVE IT!! so something id wear

Favorite Answer

To be honest, I don't see any problem with it at all. It's not like your calling a "pregnant" person something bad or nasty. Preggo, is just shortened for "pregnant". Not bad at all. I think thats a cute word to say..

• mroof!

The only reason I can really think of is because people use it in the porn industry, when referring to pregnant porn stars that have sex on video.

At least that's what I've seen on the internet.

I personally don't have a problem with whatever someone wants to call themselves, but I might get a bit offended if someone called me "preggo" just because of the porn reference.

'shrugs'

PS - I don't know who the thumbs down troll is, but everyone got my thumbs up. ;))

• white

stable question! opposite to psychotic theory, Obama is a Christian, in basic terms via fact the previous 40 3 Presidents have been. we've by no ability has a President of a different faith. yet some human beings seem to think of that via fact his adolescents lined exposure to the Muslim faith, that he's the two a Muslim in hide (and hence a terrorist, via fact as all of us comprehend, the over a million BILLION Muslims are ALL terrorists, stunning?), or he's not a "stable adequate" Christian. The sheeple are stupid. faith does not count. it incredibly is u . s . a ., no longer Iran.

Took me a second to understand what you're talking about.

I say preggo just to be cute.

Leggo my preggo.

And I've never heard anyone complain about the word preggo.

And why is someone giving everyone a low rating?

It doesn't bother me either. But at the same time I don't use here or on other sites because of the fact that it could be offensive to some. I just don't want to cause problems.

To me, it's a term a GUY would use to denigrate a woman. Like it or not, it's also a term I'd associate with someone who is poorly educated, and/or thinks very little of herself. As with any other word, you're certainly free to use it; however, we all must deal with others' perceptions of us. If you know that it's perceived by others this way, then you have the choice of continuing to use it and being vilified for it, or using something with a less inflammatory connotation.

I'm not offended by the term preggo :) i think it's cute :D

but a lot of "preggo" women are just looking for something to complain about. i do it on a daily basis - lol - oops! someone might get offended by my internet slang...gotta get of this computer!!!

Source(s): mommy of 1 and currently 7 months pregnant

26 years old and educated. my husband calls me preggo all the time. i don't mind at all.

It just a matter of opinion.

It's like a few months ago I wore a shirt that said "knocked up" and people were giving me dirty looks.

Ignore them.

Source(s): 36 weeks w/ #2

I honestly don't see what the bid deal is either. Call it what you want. You're not forcing anyone else to say it.