How do you down load over 1,000 songs on iTunes onto a cd or dvd? What kind of disc do I buy?

I have over 1,000 songs in iTunes and want to down load them onto a disc. I know a regular blank cd will not work. Exactly what do I need to buy to do this? Please be specific. Thanks.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It depends how big all the songs are and if you want to be able to play them on a cd player or just store them.

You can usually fit 4 gb on a dvd if you are just storing them or 700 mb on a cd. If you want to play them on a cd player, then you have to use a program like itunes to make a playlist and then burn the cd. cds usually hold 80min of songs.

• 1 decade ago

You absolutely can't. Even in compressed format, you'll need a large external hard drive. You can purchase a 500gb MyBook to back your library up on for approximately $300 at Best Buy. However: any drm enocded songs you bought on itunes will not play on another computer unless you authorize it with your itunes account (you get 5 of these authorizations per account.). Windows Media Player is much more compression friendly... even so, you'd need more than one disk for that many tunes.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

U could do that whit a dual-layer DVD, it has 8.5 Gb .My iPod shuffle has 1 Gb and I can put 240 songs on it (of course , depends about the song , medium -> 3 minutes , .mp3 format)

so 240 x 8.5 = 2040 songs on a dual layer DVD

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dvd

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

most cd's only hold 700mb or 120 mins. its like impossible to fit 1000 songs onto 1 SINGLE disk.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.