How do you down load over 1,000 songs on iTunes onto a cd or dvd? What kind of disc do I buy?

I have over 1,000 songs in iTunes and want to down load them onto a disc. I know a regular blank cd will not work. Exactly what do I need to buy to do this? Please be specific. Thanks.

Favorite Answer

It depends how big all the songs are and if you want to be able to play them on a cd player or just store them.

You can usually fit 4 gb on a dvd if you are just storing them or 700 mb on a cd. If you want to play them on a cd player, then you have to use a program like itunes to make a playlist and then burn the cd. cds usually hold 80min of songs.

You absolutely can't. Even in compressed format, you'll need a large external hard drive. You can purchase a 500gb MyBook to back your library up on for approximately $300 at Best Buy. However: any drm enocded songs you bought on itunes will not play on another computer unless you authorize it with your itunes account (you get 5 of these authorizations per account.). Windows Media Player is much more compression friendly... even so, you'd need more than one disk for that many tunes.

U could do that whit a dual-layer DVD, it has 8.5 Gb .My iPod shuffle has 1 Gb and I can put 240 songs on it (of course , depends about the song , medium -> 3 minutes , .mp3 format)

so 240 x 8.5 = 2040 songs on a dual layer DVD

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dvd

most cd's only hold 700mb or 120 mins. its like impossible to fit 1000 songs onto 1 SINGLE disk.