Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsSwimming & Diving · 1 decade ago

Is It True That You Get Tanner/Darker In The Water While You're Swimming?

Favorite Answer

your sunscreen washes off and the reflection of the water makes twice as much sun on you at once. so yes.

The sun's rays reflect off of the water. If you stand over or if your in the pool you'll gradually get tanner. Hope this helps

Source(s): Being a lifeguard and being on a swim team I am very tan.

Yea that's what I've heard that but its not when your under its when your on the water or above it because the sunshine reflects off the water and shines up on you.

yea if your outside... cuz the light refracts under water and on land u hav 2 b in a certain place so that the sun rays can directly hit u... yea that sounds so scientific

• chikis

yes, I've noticed this in the last month! even though the pool where I practice it's indoors, it has a huge window and thanks to that we dont need electricity and when I get out of the pool and get ready to go home, i can see my tan and I'm like:OMG! It's like i was running outside!!!

Mhm

I would think so.... the water would magnify the sun rays..... may not be healthy

Ya.. true

i always have