Can anyone enlighten me on the Jamaican male culture?

I am a very independent, headstong, stubborn American woman and I have recently taking a liking to a Jamaician born, Brit. I have dated many international guys but for some reason, I can't quite figure this one out. Sometimes he can seem downright rude. If I call too much it bothers him, if I don't call enough it bothers him. When I ask him what the deal is, try to see where his head is as far as we are concerned, he says that he is a different type of guy that doesn't display his feelings outwardly, He will bring his friends around, and we hang out occasionally, (which around them) is the only time he gives any indication that he is even interested. Now, before I give him the boot, I am at least going to give him the benefit of the doubt, and research his background a little bit. I think that if I get some background information on the Jamaican culture, perhaps I won't be so quick to judge him, or this relationship. Perhaps I may even be obliged to display some obediance.

Favorite Answer

You should dump him or work it out. His behavior has nothing to do with him being Jamaican. Other Jamaican males that I have met and talked to and have befriended are not like that.

It has nothing to do with him being jamaican... The guy just seems shady to me.