perfectlybaked asked in PetsOther - Pets · 1 decade ago

What is a good rodent pet that doesn't stink up the room?

I have no friends, and there aren't very many things a person can do by themselves to get out of the house, so I'm kinda stuck inside. I just thought of getting a pet. I can't get a dog or cat because I live in an apartment, but what rodent pet doesn't stink and is low-maintenance?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • I<3IGs
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Most rodents are extremely low maintenence.... as long as you clean their cages at least once weekly, feed them daily, and give them fresh water daily.

The reason rodents "stink" is because people don't clean their cages, aside from a ferret, they are naturally stinky no matter what you do to de-stink them.

• 1 decade ago

Ball Pythons are low maintenance as well as Iguana's however both require special habitats, how bout a large aquarium I have 2 55 gallons and they really calm me alot and I can sit for hours and watch, how bout trying to get a part-time job in a pet store then you can play with all of them and have no expense and maybe meet a friend, or possible volunteer at a local petting zoo or zoo if you have one where you live, animal shelters always need help as well as the aspca. think about it and good luck.

• mytych
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

it truly is not a rodent yet nonetheless.. a tree frog relaxing to video exhibit consume stay crickets do no longer smell do no longer go with a cage cleansing 24/7 common to look after exciting and can greater healthful right into a room with reptiles in spite of the very incontrovertible fact that it is not a rodent it truly is nonetheless a good puppy :)

• well ur life stinks if u hav no friends thats jus sad but if ur gonna get a non-stinky rodend DONT get a ferret get lik a chinchilla os a hamster or skip ht rodents n get sumthin kool lik a lizard or better a snake since u live in an apartment i recoment a ball python they get to be about 4 feet in length n if u get an older one lik maby 2 years old it will only eat rats once a month its low matenence n fun n kool cept th rats if u get them b4 th snake is hungry they STINK so u wanna get th rats n feed it unless ur lik against tat kinda stuff then get a hamster

Source(s): i hav a pet ball python so i'm my source
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Get a kangeroo

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

sorry but nothen unless u want A lizzered

• 1 decade ago

get a pet rat. i heard they are very smart, and trainable...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

try a stuffed one

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.