Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 decade ago

Should the US pull out of Iraq with or why not?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Dina W
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Now would not be a good time.

If you have been reading the reports coming from Iraq in the past two weeks you have noticed that the different sects of Islam in Iraq are finally starting to unite and fight against the insurgents. The different factors have woken up to the fact that the insurgents are not freedom fighters, and are not even from Iraq. These people are tired, and are finally wanting to fight for their country,

Over the weekend over 220 people were killed because of the insurgents, and they are all finally mad, mad as hell if they are willing to work together.

And oh, talk about democracy at work, all of the the different political parties in Iraq will be holding a vote to push their present Prime Minister out of office, for the bad job he has been doing.

• 1 decade ago

Thats a real hard question especially now considering the attacks in London. It was thought and I agreed that was enough was enough and that it was time to get out. But with the new issures at hand i think we not neccessarily look just in with Iraq I also think other countries harboring these cowards need to be put in check. This war is horrible and I dont see and end anywhere soon which is sad

Source(s): Woman Marine married to a disabled Iraq vet
  • Alex S
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Yes. Will we? No.

Honestly, even those who support the war can't tell you what a true definition of victory is, so how can we strive for victory if we don't know what victory entails?

Often we hear the true definition of victory is a stable Iraq, but isn't that Iraq's responsibility and not ours? We've been there lending our helping hand and they're not doing their part. We can only help along the way, we can't force them to stand on their own feet. I would also argue that there are better ways of helping a country's economy than having a war in it.

Regardless, the U.S. should (and will) always have at least a few thousand troops there to keep the peace. The U.S.'s departure from Iraq is a long way off.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

We probably shouldnt have went but withdrawing would be the worst thing to do. This isnt Vietnam where the enemy just wants us out of the way, these people want us dead no matter where we are and will continue to fight and attack until they accomplish their goals.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

yes,,,coz Iraqi pepole has (F****) US army's ***............

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.