Katertot asked in HealthOptical · 1 decade ago

What is the best brand of contact lenses?

By best I mean the best comfort and the best price FOR the comfort. Are Acuvue Oasis or Hydraclear contacts good? I might be getting contacts soon and I want to make sure so my eye care doctor won't try to sell me a expensive brand that's not worth the money.

I don't have any complications and I'm nearsighted.

Favorite Answer

Acuvue is a good brand. Oasis is supposed to be the better kind with the Hydraclear included. My sister likes those kind. My optician let me tried CIBA Vision's Optix O2 and I like that one. My sister thought that those made her feel uncomfortable, so she stuck with Oasis. Make sure you get one that allows more oxygen like the ones i mentioned above. There are certainly other brands. Contacts are not really cheap, and it depends how much he charges for the contacts. Those two are average prices. Ask your doctor for your prescription on the contacts that you can take with you. If he/she asks you why all you need to say is that so you have it. You can try the one he gives you and if you do not like it ask if you can try a different because it gives you an uncomfortable feeling. Once you have settled on 1 type, you do not need to buy it right away(they don't really suggest you to do so either)...check out the prices at the office. If you think that they are out of your budget range then go look at the price at a place like Costco or any other place with optometry(sears...and etc.). They usually have the same ones that you were prescribed. With that prescription that you asked your eye doc. you can get it at any other place you wish to do so.

Avoid buying them online because they are usually more expensive than the doctor's office.

*Note: if you do not get it at the eye doc. office, then the quality of the contact might have a slight difference.

Good luck! Hope this helps!

I used the old kind of Acuvue as well for awhile, until about a week ago my optometrist changed it to Acuvue Advanced or something. These new contacts are made out of silicon so they let your eyes breathe better I think. I'm wearing the test ones now and they're a lot more comfortable, actually. You should go back and talk to your eye doctor; ask about the new Acuvue silicon ones. I think those would work better for you. Hope this helped. Good luck.

I wear Acuvue Oasys and I love them!

Well, my doctor would fit you with an array of different lenses we have available. He reccomends the one that would fit you best and would go with your lifestyle and expectations. Price is not the only deciding factor. So, in my opinion, you should go with what the Doctor feels is best for you specifically, not just the cheapest way out, that is kind of silly.

Source(s): Optician

I have the Oasis ones and they seem to stay moist, even when I go to a bar and there is alot of smoke, which usually dries my eyes out bad. My optometrist is the one that suggested them.

Source(s): http://www.contactlenscouncil.org/ this is a very good website to take a looksee at

I have acuvue because they discontinued my old brand, and I don't really like them that much. They are uncomfortable after wearing them for long periods of time (for me)

• I absoulutely Love bausch and Lomb Contact 66- They are 66% water and just sort of melt into your eye and you can't tell you have them on. They also have great colors, I like the violet myself. Give them a try!

I absoluly love my Focus Dalies! They're always comfortable and I never worry if I tear one. A little on the pricey side, but I think they're worth every cent!!!

i use focus. if you use colored contacts they don't make colors to solidly cover up your entire eye like the kind that acuvue makes, instead they make eye enhancers i use aqua it makes my hazel eyes look green. they enhance your natural eye color

i like my pure vision lenses they are very comfortable and i think they are a reasonable price...