Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 1 decade ago

Learning French?

I'm learning French and its been pretty easy to pick up, but I was just wondering if anyone had any good ideas to study and use the Frech I already know more.

Favorite Answer

I am fluent in French! The best way to get better at the language is to find someone that speaks it fluently and start talking to them in French.

Well,

To help me study verb conjugation and forms I use my university's website to help me. They have self quizzes, videos, and tiny comics to help you nail in the grammar.

laits.utexas.edu/fi

To practice the French I already know, I speak in "Fren-ish". Ha. I'll just throw in random french words and phrases into my conversation, just to practice. Even if it's not with someone that's knows a bit or alot of french, I found out that alot of people will get what you're saying just by context.

Try watching some movies with the French subtitles on. I'll recommend the Science of Sleep. It's an indie movie that has English, French, and Spanish dialogue.

TTSUU (Text to Speech Universal Utility) is a Text to Speech program that converts any textual content into normal-sounding speech. It reads any textual content for you. You too can convert the textual content fabric into WAV or MP3 audio documents with this device, in order that the ensuing MP3 will also be performed on many different instruments akin to iPods, PocketPCs and CD avid gamers and many others. And TTSUU may even generate lyrics for you while changing textual content fabric into audios. When gambling the audio, the ones instruments with the lyrics capacity, will show the usual textual content, and for this reason it's going to be viable so that you can now not best listen the textual content fabric but additionally get a seem on the content material by way of the show. The interface of TTSUU could be very functional and intuitive, the 2 pillars within the interface function the subject wherein you'll upload sticky notes that spotlight aspects within the textual content content material. You can choose off any intriguing and salient components of the textual content from any digital files akin to MS Word Documents, Emails, Web Pages, PDF Files, and many others and duplicate into those notes, and those will also be coloured to attract your concentration with no trouble. TTSUU makes it possible for you to gradual down studying velocity to be taught the pronunciation. We furnish more than one language voices: English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Russian, Finish, Japanese, Chinese(Mandarin, HongKong, Taiwan), Korean, Portuguese, Danish, Norwegian, Dutch, and many others.

Read books in French and listen to French music.

Translate the words and memorize them - You'd be surprised how often the lyrics of pop songs become useful in everyday speech.

Start small in terms of books, but don't be afraid to push yourself further (Starting with "Le Petit Prince" and other children's books, and moving onwards).

Source(s): That's what I did to learn French and I'm in France now - not only surviving, but thriving.

If you have access, watch French television, go to French movies and read French newspapers online (http://www.kidon.com/media-link).

For summer, test yourself on a beautiful and easy short novel :

Le lion, Joseph Kessel.