why do some people like to make rude remarks?

I just had this really obese lady...after looking me up and down...telling me that I was fat...I mean I chubby I aint fat...and anyway she had no right to say it she is ugly and very very overweight also has mental problems....but it bothers me that she would say that to me out loud as if to make me feel bad when she is the one with the problems

I was actually going to be like "look who's talking" BUT I HAVE MANNERS...and she's like 60...so I thought she would know better

it just bothers me because...I was in such a great mood today..I am dressed all pretty and my hair looks awesome...then she comes out and says that...but thanks for answering

Favorite Answer

People that are lost in a world where morals and values never existed. What a shame people have evolved in such a lack of human respect. I still believe in morals and values, call me old-fashioned, but in a way unique because almost nobody has respect for no one. So, dont let that bother you, she's just a lady who was not brought up well.

• kikio

Some people say rude things out of jealousy or because it is in their nature to bring people down because they feel so bad about themselves. Don't be so thin skinned. Always take it from where it comes. If this woman is "obese" and has "mental problems", then you should just expect that sort of behavior and let it roll off your back.

There are a lot of people in this world who are just mean, nasty, ugly people and unfortunately there's nothing you can do for them except feel sorry for them and pray (if you're a Christian) Most of the time, I think people like this are just so miserable in their own life they have to belittle others to make themselves feel better about themselves. How many times since you heard this have you dwelled on this? I bet that woman hasn't give even given it another thought, and here you are wasting time on the opinion of someone who means nothing to you.You're right, this is HER problem not yours.

Well it sounds like you already know. . . mental problems.

There are people out there who have a need to put other people down to try to make themselves feel better.

I try to look at it this way, if a person is mean & or rude they must be a very unhappy person inside & it just leeks out. then I feel bad for them

rude people are usually miserable ppl who want to see other ppl being miserable like them-so stay happy that bothers them more than anything else! You should have responded by smiling and saying "well we cant all be as beuatiful as you!" Im sure she would have got the point :0)

Some people just don't have lives. She must feel pretty awful about herself if she felt the dying need to drag you down into her ditch.

I can see why she's saying these things for two reasons.

1) She is jealous of you

2) She is warning you to not get fat like she is, but she doesn't know how to be kind

there are plenty of nega-holics around in this world(negative people)Sometimes people like tearing you down or putting you down to fill better about themselves.But it doesnt work.you have to let flow right over your head.What she said is more about her than you.Think about the motives and what is behind peoples words.The truth is she doent feel good about herself

I think you answered your own question. You said she had mental problems. Under the circumstances, I'd just let it go. She was probably not in her right mind, so just let it go.

i know that hurts ur feelings but try not to let ppl like that get to u. some ppl just don't have any manners, respect, or dignity. some ppl like that try to put others down just to make their ownselves feel better.

Source(s): overweight myself