i don't have a steady steering wheel,is shaking while I'm driving and my car is taking me to the left slightly

is not a mayor shake...is just like little shakes right to left right to left and is driving slightly to the left .

PLEASEEE HELP....WHAT IS IT?

Favorite Answer

this is probably a combination of bad alignment combined with the tires being out of balance,that will cause whats happening to it right now,have it checked to see,that would be a lot better than driving it,and wearing the tires out on it,good luck with it hope this helps.

Source(s): been a certified mechanic for 37 yrs.

What it sounds like is your front wheels need to be re-balanced. What will happen with an out of balance wheel is a shake at certain speeds, mostly between 40-60 mph. If the shake is constant suspect a bad tire or bent rim. You can see if it is a bad tire by looking at the tread pattern and look for high and low spots usually seen because of the different shades they seem to have. 2cd, and only if there is no steel protruding visually on the tire, run your hand around the circumference of the tire. Feel for what may be a lump or mounds on it. A good tire will be smooth. A bad tire or wheel can also be a cause of the pull to the left. A good front end alignment and good tires should eliminate your problem. Of course have your mechanic check the front end for loose, worn or broken parts.

A bad part to begin with can destroy tires and start the problem to begin with. Good Luck

Source(s): Champion Auto, NJ

Wheel alignment! I just had this taken care of on my own car. Take it to Sears, or a trusted wheel and brake place. Have them check and fix the alignment, and then also balance/rotate the tires. You might need to get new tires if the bad alignment has caused significant uneven wear.

Good luck!

A quality alignment on a Hunter alignment machine and get the tires/wheels balanced on a Hunter Force Wheel Balancer.

Source(s): Personal experiance.

I would need some more information to help you, but my first thought is you might have a wheel out of balance, or uneven wear on a tire. I have 2 simple tests for you to try, contact me on yahoo messenger I will be on and off all day and would like to see if I can help you. be prepared with what kind of car and model year. know how many miles you have and roughly how many miles are on the current set of tires if you can.

Yahoo ID: thewisetuner.

www.thewisetuner.com

www.thewisetuner@yahoo.com

www.thewisetuner.wordpress.com

You have an alignment problem. The shaking can be from unbalanced tires. Take it to an alignment shop. They will diagnose it by switching the tires from the left to the right to find out if its the tires causing it, or if you have camber/toe problems. If you don't see them doing this, tell them to stop and take it somewhere else. This is standard procedure for diagnosing pulls and unbalanced tires.

COULD be low tire pressure or wheels out of balance also front end out of line.Then you could have ball joints going bad .I would start with checking tire pressure and have a tire shop balance your tires and inspect the front end including the condition of your tires. Low pressure can cause a vehicle to pull right or left.Wheel balence can cause vibrations thats where I would srart first and is the least expensive.

shaking and pulling indicates a problem with one of your wheel's brakes.

you have a warped disk which is causing the shimmy.....the warping is likely due to a bad wheel cylinder not allowing the brake to fully disengage from the disk.

Bring it to a shop to have it fixed as this can be a control hazard especially should you need to jam your brakes, the car could spin out especially on wet roads

get the tires balanced and an alignment.

Your tires need to be re-aligned.