Catalyst asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

tampons...?

any advice on tampons that are good for when your very active and can never find the time to change it...i heard once that it you leave one in too long you could get an infection or something..is that true?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It all depends on how heavy your flow is. Personally I like O.B. brand, because they seem to give me the best fit for my body and expand inside better than others I've tried. Some people prefer the kinds with applicators. You can also wear a light underwear liner and it doesn't seem to get in the way during exercise. Unfortunately, you have to make time to change it, but you shouod be able to find ones that will hold up until you need to actually use the restroom. And if you put them in correctly, then you shouldn't even feel them when you are being active. The thing about the infection is only if you are leaving tampons in for a really really long time and aren't bleeding very much. Like if you use a heavy tampon and you are on a light period flow day and you leave it in for 10 hours or something. And over-night isn't always a great idea, it's best to wear a pad overnight and kind of give yourself a tampon break. But you can wear them all day and that's fine, just use ones according to the heaviness of the flow. It's really rare to get TSS (toxic shock syndrome). After awhile, you'll wonder how you ever suffered all day long for the week with that pad/diaper.... tampons are so much more comfortable!

• Rose
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

You could get toxic shock syndrome if you leave it in too long. The max amount of time you should leave one in is 8 hours. You should be able to find time to pee every 8 hours. If you can't, you need a change in lifestyle.

• 1 decade ago

Yup that's true. Too long is not good. It is perfect medium for bacteria to grow. I am sure you can find a restroom to change it. Keep one in your purse or bag handy :D

• 1 decade ago

You can get TSS which is fatal but not likely.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

you can get a bad odor when you pull it out ....but no infection

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.