Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyOther - Skin & Body · 1 decade ago

Another Acne Question?

so, I only have mild acne. I leave in 2 days to go on vacation and it would be very very nice to have a clear face. First off, NO toothpaste suggestions. I need something simple and fast that can be done at home - also please do not suggest proactive - thanks!

alright - I can go to the store and I already wash my face twice a day with clean and clear acne stuff

Favorite Answer

really the only thing to do is be patient. Wash your face, and drink tons of water! Also I use clean and clear - it helps to clear up your face. If you need to get rid of the swelling fast - you can put cortizone on your face and that works pretty well. Also, definatly do not put toothpaste on your face because it burns and ends up leaving your face really dry.

Two days, eh? Sort of a short time to try to get clear skin but .....anyway, believe it or not, baking soda its great for drying out pimples without drying the face out too much. Apply about a teaspoon of it to your wet face and scrub gently for a few minutes.....OR noczema: apply face then leave it on for a few minutes then wash off with cold water.

OR after you wash your face with a mild soap you can crush a couple aspirins and use as a paste for your skin. I like to leave my paste on for about 15 minutes then rinse. The Salicyclic acid in aspirin is found in many anti acne ingredients.

The white of an egg you can use as well. Open an egg, apply the egg white, leave it until it dries and rinse.

I know these sound crazy but they really do work!

Dont forget to use a toner and then a non-oily moisturizer. The Acne should start drying up by then.

Also, i have had sudden breakouts and took 1000 mg of MSM and my face started to clear in less than a week

Source(s): experience

I used to have an acute case of acne when I was younger for many years; it covered my face, back, chest and posterior. I eventually healed myself without the use of drugs. I cured myself through DIET.

-This is what you should avoid/elminate:

fried foods

White bread/flour

starch combinations during the same meal (e.g. potatoes and pasta)

soda/carbonated drinks

sugar/corn syrup

meat/dairy

soft foods (processed foods)

hydrogenated oils (in processed foods)

-you should increase your intake of:

fruits/vegetables, preferably organic (you should have a salad a day, at the least)

8 glasses of water a day

whole foods

black and/or brown bread (whole grains)

nuts

-you should have a balance, of 80% alkaline forming foods, to 20% acid forming foods. (mostly fruits and vegetables)

-----

Basically, your eliminations are poor/sluggish; thats is why some people can get away with eating badly, but you may not. The reason changing your diet to the foods below will help is because your eating foods that are much easier to digest and elminate than those above.

I would check out Edgar Cayce; without his advice I would probably still suffer today.

He also said you can help yourself through osteopathic adjustments to your spine, he said this can create imbalances in your nervous system (if it isn't in proper adjustment) which will affect everything else. I haven't done this yet, as it is expensive; but I assume when I do, I will be able to better digest the aforementioned foods. Through DIET ALONE I have been cured for a number of years.

Don't believe the people who say it doesn't effect it, I swear to god this will help. It helped me. =) good luck!

Just so others are aware, I'm copy/pasting this to others, so they can get advice, because I have been there. i'm not selling or advertising for anyone or anything, i'm not spamming. don't think that, if you see this advice elsewhere.

If you have any of those eye drops that cure red eye you can dab a little of the solution directly on your zit and it will take the redness right out! Remember this is only temporary...if you want to cure your face completely of acne it will take a few weeks of keeping it clean and applying antibiotics. If it's a big deal to you, even if its just mild acne, you can make an appointment with your regular doctor. They can prescribe you some solutions and even antibiotic pills that knock those nasty pimples right off. :)

Don't touch your face with your hands.

Wash your face twice a day using your clean hands and lukewarm water.

This will allow your face to equal out the natural oils and not dry the skin out to the point of causing more acne.

Source(s): personal experience with acne for 8 years

well use clearasil ultra. GO TO THE STORE. i hate when ppl ask pointless questions like which brand is cheaper well go to the store and find out or which ones on sale or where can i find... but this question is not so. this will get ur acne gone is 3 days garunteed. if your not allergic to anything use benzoil peroxide cream which dries them up almost overnight. i hope that this link will work but i doubt it so just type it in

http://www.clearasil.us/

Source(s): www.clearasil.com

2 days, huh? Wow, it usually takes about a week for good results.

Wash your face every morning and evening for the next two days, and this might sound painful, but dab your blemishes with rubbing alcohol, let it dry and then apply an acne cream (I found that syclilic acid works best for me).

Good luck...

dont pick at your pimples

no chocolate

dont touch your face b/c it puts oill on it

wash your face every time it feels oily or dirty, not just twice a day

Use Clearasil cream and apply it all throughout the day

If you go outside always put sunscreen on your face

Wash your face 3-5 times with a wash cloth and soap. It will dry it up.

use netrogerna 8 hour acne pads that will work!! star me when it does.