guitars . which one is better?

im getting a new guitar and its down to these two guitars which one would you recommend Yamaha FG730S, or Takamine GS330S. Right now im leaning towards the takamine because of the cedar top, it makes it sound not so ordinary, but tell me what you think

Favorite Answer

i think you have to play both and then go with the sound that appeals to you most...i believe you should buy guitars not for the name but how they play and how they sound...is the action to high on or the other, how does it feel?

Jackson is more metal and fender is for any type of music.

Never heard of yamaha or takamine but my jackson lasted me 20 years.

Takamine is slightly higher-quality, but both are good beginner guitars.

How about a Martin 00028? It's only $2249.00! A steal!

It really boils down to personal preference. Also, with acoustics each instrument is as individual as the person who plays it. Ignore the brand names and go with the one that sounds and feels best to you.

For what it's worth, I played a Takaminie for years until I inherited a black Gibson J45 from my uncle.

I have a Yamaha acoustic so I'd say Yamaha for me. But YOU have to like it. You have like the shape...the feel...the sound...when you play it. You're buying it and you want o be happy with what you buy...right? I hope this helped you a little. Good luck

Source(s): I have a Yamaha acoustic...=) and I'm happy with mine!
  • fin73

just get a fender even the hundred dollar squire has a good sound so just think of spending a few dollars more would get you in a fender line.

I play a Fender and have never played either of those. Play both and see which "feels" better.

I'm a fender man myself

I suggest getting a fender.

• Granny

I think that you should go with what feels good in your hands and the one that sounds the way you want it to.