*Angel* asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

Do Dogs Ever forget how to.....?

be housetrained? he was housetrained as a baby (he's only 3months old) but that was before we had him. then he was given to my uncle, which kept him outside mostly, now he's been with us for a week and hes still outside, but only because he has to get his nails clipped and my mom is worried he might go potty all over the carpet. do you think he will remember once we let him inside?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Sometimes they do forget and need a little refresher course. We start by crate training them. They catch on right away. Might be good to try that. A crate is a good idea anyway when you're not home, he'll be safe and not getting into trouble.

Source(s): Dog Rescue Director.
  • 1 decade ago

I'm sure he will remember. Most dogs don't forget, but if you don't take him out regularly, you may have a problem. If he does mess, just go with the regular house training procedures, he should pick things up again quickly and soon remember what its all about.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

he was not housetrained,, he was still too young... however, a 12 week old puppy should be inside anyway,, cruel to leave a very social creature outside ... very cruel ,, why have a dog

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

well they get at a stadge sometimes when they forget evreything belive me cause i asked a vet before its clled a puppy stadge

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.