What kind of milk can I drink if I have lupus?!!?

It seems like I can't have dairy. Is it ok to have soy?

• Favorite Answer

I share your pain and Rice Dream Milk is soooo good! They have it in vanilla and plain. Foods that are hypoallergenic are what will be good for you. Rice, Turkey, I learned a lot from the new diet I,m on try the Eat for your bloodtype diet. The book I recently read was by Peter Adamos and its very interesting. Alot of my symptoms have disapeared since I went on this diet. Its a very reasonable diet. look on the internet under Eat for your bloodtype diet and read about it . Dr. Lam also has a website too. Alot of people don,t believe in this diet but the proof speaks louder than words. I have friends with Lupus and other problems whom have gotten alot better on this diet. You need to know your bloodtype. Try it I think you will be pleasantly surprised! Good Health Too You!

Hi, Some with Lupus can have dairy, some can't or don't Like it.

Personally I like soy, There are so many brands that you will have to try a few, I like soy or rice dream. I like the chocolate, and plain for recepies, and sometimes cereal. Hope that helps. Soy is actually a protien, not a dairy so that is how they differ. some are allergic to soy, if you can use say soy sauce, you should be ok,

Good Luck

Chris

If you have an allergy to milk, you can try soy. Many people can't tolerate dairy and it is not related to lupus.

If you are on prednisone or plaquenil be sure you get enough calcium. There is an excellent article on lupus and bone health at www.lupusflorida.org.

Why can't you have dairy? Lupus has nothing to do with drinking milk or not. If you are lactose intolerant that is different but jus because you have Lupus does not mean you can't have milk.

i have lupus too, (and i'm 17) but lucky for me, it doesn't matter what i eat/drink (unless it's insane amounts of junk food), what gets to me most, is sun exposure and stress, but since lupus affects everybody differently, apparently i guess diary just makes you flare up a lil. OR, you're lactose intolerant. so avoid dairy- soy sounds like a good alternative, but ask your rheumatologist to be sure =D

• ?

You could try soy milk, but some people are allergic to soy. You can also by lactose free milk which is easier to digest if you are lactose intolerant. It tastes a bit sweeter than normal milk.

soy milk