Lol asked in HealthOptical · 1 decade ago

What should I do about my eyes?

My vision is REALLY bad,I'm only 12 years old and wear these really thick glasses all the time.

I think it might be genetic because my mom had the same problem. I make sure I don't do too much of the computer or watch a lot of TV everyday too but I feel like my eyes are getting worse!

what should I do to improve my sight?

Favorite Answer

You could try eye exercises (you can find them online). Otherwise, just try to live a healthy life. Unfortunately there really isn't much you can do. Just keep wearing your glasses and going for yearly exams.

Well I would ask your mother first if it is a genetic thing that predisposes you to bad vision. Then you can go to the eye doctor to talk about ways to correct your vision, such as laser eye surgery. Having thick glasses isn't the end of the world. I know a few adults like that, and they are all pretty smart cookies. Hang in there!

When was the last time you saw your eye doctor? If it's been several months or longer, you may need a new prescription. Please talk to your parents about this, and ask them to make an appointment for you. Also, if you've been seeing an optometrist, I suggest you see an ophthalmologist the next time -- they are MDs and know a lot more about eye problems.

Meanwhile, do your reading and TV-watching in a well-lighted room, eat what's good for you, and get enough rest. But I think a doctor's visit is really what you need.

If you follow a white or mild glittery colour within the internal nook of your eyes so that they can lead them to seem shiny er and extra unsleeping. Using eyeliner at the best and backside lid additionally aid to stress the attention. Just do not move too darkish!! Then it simply appears frightening! lol

Your eyes will continue to change as long as you are growing. See your eye doc once a year. Eat well and sleep well, and know that most of it is heredity. You can not really stop it. O^O

Source(s): Optician and Mom. OH, and used to be KID! I also have really bad eyes.

depends on reason for bad eyesight, for most people their eyes are completely healthy it is just the way the eye is growing and thus there is absolutely nothing u can do since the eye is... well... alrdy healthy

You need a healthy diet and be sure to see your eye doctor yearly.