Why do some folks chew ice cream or "smack" when the chew food?

Anyone know why people chew foods that do not need to be chewed? How about why some people make a smacking sound when they chew?

Favorite Answer

because they want to

the smacking thing I can't speak for as for the chewing thing I can speak on. I just do it because I am so use to chewing that I don't think anything of it.

My ex boyfriend used to chew his soup. Yeah...it was a liquid, and he'd still chew. He said that when he was younger his mom would always tell him to chew his food, so he started to chew everything. He also would kinda make grunting noises when he chewed and would occasionally sound like he was saying, "num num"

As for the smacking of the food, I don't know why they do it, but it makes me want to slap them. Uhg.

If there is one thing I cannot stand is for someone to smack their lips when they eat or eat with their mouth open..I think it is just very poor manners..as for the chewing thing, it's food and all food should be chewed even mashed potatoes..

When I lived in New York City all the people would eat like this with their mouth open and Yuck it is awful

• hog b

Bad manners, pig genes, and thoughtlessness for those around them.