I am getting a Cannon PowerShot A460, Do I have to buy the Cannon?

brand SD card 1G ? It comes with an MMC-16M ? The website however does have a 1G that is compatible, but it is like $69.00.

What is an MMC-16M? I think it's a Multi-media Card, but what does the 16-M mean? How many pics would it store?

The Cannon Store is closed, so I can't ask them.

Thanks for any help.

Favorite Answer

You can buy a different brand memory card. It has to be the same format though. Definitely shop around to get the best prices.

Any brand of memory card will work in your camera. $69 for a 1 gb card (1gb will hold approx. 500-600 pics) is above market price. You can do a lot better either buying online (google "1mb sd card" )or go to Best Buy or another electronic retailer. Going price is about $20 online and maybe 25-30 in a retail store. Buy a brand name like SanDisk, Lexar, PNY, Kingston, etc. They are worth the extra couple dollars you'll pay in reliability.

One other purchase you may want to consider is rechargable batteries. Regular alkaline batteries only last a short time in digital cameras. Rechargables are only a few dollars more expensive per battery and can be recharged 500-100 times.

Look for a battery with a rating of at least 2500ma (higer is better). A good place to buy online is here (4 batteries and charger for $40):

http://thomasdistributing.com/shop/-maha-mhc204w-w...

Go to WalMart and buy a 1 or 2 GB card of any name brand. I like Sandisk and Lexar, but there are others..... You won't spend over $40 and you could spend as little as $20.

• Elvis

any brand card

try yahoo shopping

they are alot cheaper