Advice for musical casting...?

I have to choose a school musical, but there is a girl who our musical director really wants to use. She's not particularly good but she is also huge, size wise. I realize this isn't a bad thing but, I want to pick something that won't embrasses her. If anyone has any ideas that would be great!

Thanks very much.

Favorite Answer

hmm...lets see

Hello Dolly would be great! That requires a lot of acting and singing, but you can get around the dancing. There are many many others out there. Really, size shouldn't be that big of a deal. Just don't pick a musical about some bulimic girl!

I would reccomend 'The Music Man'. The role of Eulaile Mackenie Shinn or Mrs Paroo would be good for her.

Source(s): Currently doing the show

Hairspray is the one to go for. There's some dancing but like the earlier person said it really fits what you are looking for.

You could try Mame about Auntie Mame, which has a big lead and lots of other good parts.

hairspray would be fantastic! i went to see it on broadway and it would work perfectly for your situation. it's about prejudice and racism and all of that. plus the lead role is a plus size girl. it would be your best bet...oh and good luck!

umm... hmm try to find something where she will not be doing a lot of hard moves that her body will not allow her to do, high school musical is good =) our school did that last year