Advice for musical casting...?

I have to choose a school musical, but there is a girl who our musical director really wants to use. She's not particularly good but she is also huge, size wise. I realize this isn't a bad thing but, I want to pick something that won't embrasses her. If anyone has any ideas that would be great!

Thanks very much.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

hmm...lets see

Hello Dolly would be great! That requires a lot of acting and singing, but you can get around the dancing. There are many many others out there. Really, size shouldn't be that big of a deal. Just don't pick a musical about some bulimic girl!

• 1 decade ago

I would reccomend 'The Music Man'. The role of Eulaile Mackenie Shinn or Mrs Paroo would be good for her.

Source(s): Currently doing the show
  • 1 decade ago

Hairspray is the one to go for. There's some dancing but like the earlier person said it really fits what you are looking for.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You could try Mame about Auntie Mame, which has a big lead and lots of other good parts.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

hairspray would be fantastic! i went to see it on broadway and it would work perfectly for your situation. it's about prejudice and racism and all of that. plus the lead role is a plus size girl. it would be your best bet...oh and good luck!

• 1 decade ago

umm... hmm try to find something where she will not be doing a lot of hard moves that her body will not allow her to do, high school musical is good =) our school did that last year

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.