Is it true that immigration officers have a quota to meet before they start refusing individuals?

In my experience I have seen where many people have gone to Canadian Embassies and United States Embassies and get turned away based on absolutely nothing at all. All their papers are in order and everything else and they still wont get through. I will never understand it. Law abiding citizens always get chosen last or not at all.

Favorite Answer

Yes, there is a quota per year for various visas, etc. Please see the link just below. You can click on the left side to see the numbers. Unfortunately, the number of legal immigrants trying to get in our country has been reduced because we are flooded with illegals.

http://www.usimmigrationsupport.org/immigration_re...

Legal immigrants need to help the US citizens stop the illegals. You know how hard it was to become a citizen. Help us make it better for future immigrants by cleaning up our country from illegal invaders. Together we can make a difference.

The US Government establishes a quota of immigrants and that is divided between various nationalities. Currently, the total is about 1 million from what I have read.

Not only is there quota...there is quota per country. I am a Canadian and Irish Citizen and know that I can not apply for a Visa to work in the US as a Canadian but I can use my Irish Citizenship to attempt to enter.

This country is too easy to get into, and there needs to be a total re haul of the immigration system. We need to grant entrance into this Nation based on OUR needs not the needs or wants of the immigrants. It is being practical, not being selfish. One of our biggest mistakes is letting in people because they have relatives here. It is a difficult decision to move to another nation but it is an individuals decision. It is wrong to expect this country to let your family in too. People will whine...let them.

yes there is a quota system, as far as I know people who have family already in the US are chosen first, after that I think it's a lottery.

don't know for sure, check wiki.

I know, my moms friend, was taken back to Slovakia for no reason, her papers were all in order.They just labeled her an illegal immigrant.

i it umm sad i like the citizens