Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationCard Games · 1 decade ago

What are your chances of winning a single hand of blackjack?

This is for a standard rules. 4+decks. I know the house edge under these conditions is about .45% but I would like to know what your chances are for just one hand? If i had to guess I'd say it is something like 53/47 in favor of the house but I'm not sure. Does anyone have a definite answer?

The house edge means how much money you'll lose for every $100 wagered. This is factoring in double downs and blackjacks over that time. Because of this can't apply the standard house edge to a single hand situation. It isn't like roulette or bacarat where you're just flipping a coin. What I want to know is what are the odds of winning one hand all or nothing with no double downing. This is for sticky bonuses with no roulette, craps, or bacarat allowed.

Favorite Answer

If the edge is .45%, then your chance of winning any single hand is 49.775%.

Source(s): Basic math.
  • lek

My chances? nil I have tried but have never and always lost way more than ventured. if it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all.