wud u plz like to help me???!?

i have to submit my essay assignment on monday means tomorrow.]

my assignment is to write an essay on INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY and CORRUPTION.

u can recommend me any site`s address or anything else

ur answer wud be highly appreciated.

may God bless ya!!

thanXxXxX :)

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Information technology

A term commonly used to cover the range of technologies relevant to the transfer of information (knowledge, data, text, drawings, audio recordings, video sequences, etc), in particular to computers, digital electronics, and telecommunications. Technological developments during the 1970s and 1980s, such as very large scale integration, and satellite and optical-based communication methods, have been responsible for enormous scientific and commercial growth in this area. The related field of information engineering deals with the analysis and design of new computer-based systems, along with the development of associated support software.

History of Information Technology

A particularly important aspect of contemporary technological innovation is the quest for new ways to capture, store, process, transport and display information. Although the prevailing expectation is that progress in this field will have a profound impact on societies, expert opinions differ about whether this impact will be positive or negative. In fact it is difficult, if not impossible, to foresee the future social and economic implications of the adoption and proliferation of new information and communication technologies, and this creates a serious problem for policy makers. In the following pages, a case is made for accepting the ambiguities inherent in the current process of technological change and giving concerted attention to specification of the social and institutional changes that will be required to strengthen its potential for social development.

The term "information technology" came about in the 1970s. Its basic concept, however, can be traced back even further. Throughout the 20th century, an alliance between the military and various industries has existed in the development of electronics, computers, and information theory. The military has historically driven such research by providing motivation and funding for innovation in the field of mechanization and computing.

The first commercial computer was the UNIVAC I. It was designed by J. Presper Eckert and John Mauchly for the U.S. Census Bureau. The late 70s saw the rise of microcomputers, followed closely by IBM's personal computer in 1981. Since then, four generations of computers have evolved. Each generation represented a step that was characterized by hardware of decreased size and increased capabilities. The first generation used vacuum tubes, the second transistors, and the third integrated circuits. The fourth (and current) generation uses more complex systems such as Very-large-scale integration or System-on-a-chip.

Information technology today

Today, the term Information Technology has ballooned to encompass many aspects of computing and technology, and the term is more recognizable than ever before. The Information Technology umbrella can be quite large, covering many fields. IT professionals perform a variety of duties that range from installing applications to designing complex computer networks and information databases. A few of the duties that IT professionals perform may include:

* Data Management

* Computer Networking

* Database Systems Design

* Software design

* Management Information Systems

* Systems management

Corruption

Corruption is a general concept describing any organized, interdependent system in which part of the system is either not performing duties it was originally intended to, or performing them in an improper way, to the detriment of the system's original purpose.

Specific types of corruption include:

* Putrefaction or decomposition of recently living animal matter.

* Political corruption, dysfunctions of a political system or institution in which public officials seek illegitimate personal gain through actions such as bribery, extortion, cronyism, nepotism, patronage, graft, and embezzlement. "Rent seeking" is a closely related term in economics.

* Police corruption, a type of political corruption that infects police departments.

* Data corruption, the receiving of data which is different from that which was transmitted or otherwise intended

* Corruption (linguistics) of language or a text into a broken form or a different meaning

* Tempting a mind to do immoral things, e.g. corrupting the youth.

* Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, the third video game in the Metroid Prime series, for the Nintendo Wii

* Empire at War: Forces of Corruption, The Expansion pack for Empire at War.

* Corruption in Ghana, a case study of political corruption in Ghana.

• 1 decade ago

How about shamelessly plagarizing your whole essay off the internet as a blatant example of how information technology

has corrupted you in an effort to have others create your

homework for you.

• 1 decade ago

hi ya....

it 's very much better to have a search on google or yahoo site.... also i will give u some site address.

www.answers.com/topic/information-technology

you can find many related answers here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Information_technolog...

this is the link provided by wikipedia for information technology.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Information_technolog...

this link will give today's development in information technology...

Also you have a search on yahoo....

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

geez.. i can't help you, while I'm sure you weren't given the assignment today....I'd need a couple of days to research the assignment. you should of decided it was important a few days ago, to ask for help. I'm not a machine for Crip's sake.

• Sma
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

http://www.american.edu/traccc/events/reports/tcit... I agree that your best bet is to type that same thing in. Im not sure what you are looking for exactly so you should list that and you could get more help.

• 1 decade ago

try google or yahoo search may be u will be able to find something on it or u can even look it on wikipedia...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.