What is it REALLY like to be an independant insurance agent?

I am 52 years old and was a social worker for 13 years and worked for oil companies for 8 years. I am 52 years old and have been offered a job to work for AFLAC and possibly Farmers Insurance Group ( I have an interview with them this coming Monday, 9th. I have never sold anything. I have a degree and I'm... show more I am 52 years old and was a social worker for 13 years and worked for oil companies for 8 years. I am 52 years old and have been offered a job to work for AFLAC and possibly Farmers Insurance Group ( I have an interview with them this coming Monday, 9th. I have never sold anything. I have a degree and I'm pretty sharp, but I don't know if sales is the way to go. What questions should I ask when I go to my interview? I really don't know much about the business, but the last guy I interviewed with said they perfer people with no insurance background. The money sounds good, but what would I really be getting myself into? I want a career change, but I don't know if sales is it. Everytime I think about sales, I think about used car salesmen, phone solicitors, clerks at shopping malls, etc. I want to start my own courier business, but it would mean alot of physical work, which I like to do, but at my age, maybe in the long run, insurance sales would be a safer bet. Any ideas?