jack
jack asked in Consumer ElectronicsCameras · 1 decade ago

Which camera is better?Sony Cybershot DSC-N2 or Sony Cybershot DSC-T100?

Im buying a camera and ive become interested in these two. I also like casios and canons..but for some reason, these two cameras have caught my attention. Here are some details about the two:

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Cybershot-DSC-T100-Digi...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000DZKNM2/sr/ref...

Which one sounds like a better camera and why?????

btw..is touchscreen really a good idea or could it end up messing up the cameras lcd screen? just wondering

Favorite Answer

If you want professional review on these cameras go to cnet.com, click the review tab and search both cameras. They either have a video review or a written one. They tell you the good, bad, and bottom line.

Yes, your fear of the touch screen is a good thought, but I haven't heard any complaints about them yet. The T-100 is a good choice because of the higher optical zoom. I wouldn't even consider the digital zoom because it is garbage because it makes images grainy at best. I turned off my digital zoom a while ago and haven't used it since. Another option to consider is the batteries that need to be or have to be used. If you can use AA's or a battery pack in one of the cameras, I would consider that camera because if you were on a long trip replacements are easily accessible and you don't have to worry about charging a battery pack. (I went on a 2 week long trip and I am glad that I bought the Sony W7 because it uses AA batteries which were found at every rest stop we took.) The screen sizes are the same size so that is not going to play a part of the decision. Does one of the camera's have a built in image stabilizer? If so that is another feature that would come in handy.

Its up to you but the T100 is the way I would go. No touch screen to worry about, has that neat protector that slides over the lens to protect it, and a 5x zoom compared to 3x zoom which WILL come in handy, trust me.

Hope this helps...

Sony Cybershot DSC-N2

The good: Speedy shooting in well-lit scenes.

The bad: Fuzzy images; shutter lags when shooting in dim light; some users might find the touch screen awkward.

The bottom line: The Sony Cyber-shot DSC-N2 is small and fast, but compression artifacts and an awkward touch screen hinder its use.

Sony Cybershot DSC-T100

The good: Great photos; relatively fast performance; above-average features for its class, including 5x zoom lens and nine-point autofocus

The bad: Buttons are a little small; no optical viewfinder.

The bottom line: The Sony Cyber-shot DSC-T100 is a slim point-and-shoot whose generous feature set, great photos, and quick performance make it an excellent choice for a pocket camera.

Get Sony Cybershot DSC-T100.Nicer and has better functions.

http://reviews.cnet.com/digital-cameras/sony-cyber...

It looks quite well spec'ed. a 5x zoom in a pretty small package, and seemingly very good image quality from the preview shots I've seen on line. the only downside is the price. Sony gets a lot for this camera. But if you're OK spending $400 on a compact camera- go for it. Realize that you could spend $140 on a Fuji F20 which also takes excellent photos.

I absolutely hate the Sony Cybershot DSC-92! Whatever you do DON'T buy this camera. As for the ones you listed as long as they don't take rechargable AA batteries you should be fine. The DSC-92 takes rechargable batteries and literaly the camera would go through batteries in 10 mins. or less.

both of these cameras from Sony are great. Sony dsc n2 have 3x optical zoom,10 mega pixel ccd, a fun filled 3" touch panel ( allow you lot of editing with your photos) and very good iso speed for using fast shutter speed and low light photography perhaps dsc t 100 is much more better performer with 8 mega pixels ccd 3" LCD, 5x optical zoom higher iso, super steady shot ( double anti blur)and video with zooming. face detection, compact size and lens protection are plus in dsc t100

Source(s): faisal

Sony Cybershot DSC-92, it was number on in the consumer reports mag. for Subcompact cameras!

Source(s): consumer reports mag.