Prices of environmently friendly products?

The government and the world say they would like everyone to be more environmently friendly by using different soap powders and shampoos and different types of cars and electricity but they put the prices of these soo high we can barely afford it. Do i get the impression they arnt taking this very seriously??

Favorite Answer

yeah it is ridiculous, the working people can't afford to hardly live as it is, it's sad because we all should be able to afford to make a difference but we can't all do it. I think it's a cycle too like you got Pampers making disposable plastic diapers, people go back to cloth and wash them in the machine like olden days and hang outside to dry, then you got Pampers going out of business, all the people that work there are unemployed and for each thing we change it's a cycle effect. The people with the green products want to make a nice buck most of them.

Mr. Bush hasn't yet knocked on my door to solicit me into using a different kind of soap nor have any other government officials and I suppose they wouldn't as long as the soap that I'm using meets federal guidelines set up by things like the FDA. Al Gore however has made it a personal matter of saving the world from its self... even if it means making copious amounts of money at the same time. I might be a bit bias but what I'm trying to say is take every thing with a grain of salt.

Oh they are taking it seriously alright! They are very serious when they know they are on to a good money making idea! Its the same as in pubs, you are warned about drink driving, yet the cost of a non alcoholic drink is extortionate in comparison to the alcohlolic drink.

I get the impression that companies are taking advantage of consumers who want to be healthy and take care of the environment and it makes me sick to my stomach. Junk food cost less then healthy food. Environmentally friendly products cost way too much! It is is rediculous.

Yes the prices of going green Will be very height and this will affect the poor and the working poor greatly.

• 36

wait until competition forced them to pull their prices down.by now, there is justification why they are still priced higher, the production is still very costly since the demand is not yet so great that can make them a sustainable venture.