Has anyone here ever had negative side effects taking zoloft's generic version called sertraline?

i know generic version of the zoloft is much cheaper, but to me it seems like it is cheap for a reason. i've had negative side effects taking its generic version called sertraline. these are some of the negative side effects: more OCD, ear problems (ringing/buzzing/not sure if it's the ear but it could be... show more i know generic version of the zoloft is much cheaper, but to me it seems like it is cheap for a reason. i've had negative side effects taking its generic version called sertraline. these are some of the negative side effects: more OCD, ear problems (ringing/buzzing/not sure if it's the ear but it could be any where near my head), muscle aches, etc.

Another thing is when I miss a day or two of taking my medication, I seem to not feel well when I'm on the Sertraline. But when I was taking the Zoloft a year or two ago, when I miss it for a day or two I feel not as bad. There has to be a chemical difference between the two, and I am not too happy why the two are being marketed as the same medicine, but different names (one generic, the other "brand name"). Any other medical/or non-medical alternatives I can take?