drivers permit/licence?

how old do u have to be in trinidad to get a drivers licence/permit? what about a learners permit?

And, can you drive there with a U.S. licence?

• Chef D
    Favorite Answer

A driver's permit authorizes a person 17 years or older to drive a motor vehicle in Trinidad.

How do I apply for Driver's Permit in Trinidad?

There are two stages for obtaining a driver's permit. First you must apply for a Provisional Permit (or learner’s permit) that allows you to drive in the company of an experienced driver. After you have been issued a Provisional Permit, you can apply for a Driver's Permit.

The age is 17. However, contrary to some of the other answers, your US driver's permit is valid for 3 months (90 days). If you're staying for more than 3 months, you have to apply for a permit from a Licensing office in T&T.

• Resh

im in the process of getting mine.. its still 17years for getting a licence, i jus decided to wait a little longer..

learners permit u get just as u register, so u can drive right away once someone who has a valid licence is in the car with u..

i dont think u can use your trinidad permit in the us..

• ahh probably around 17 for ah learners permit....me ent have none so i not sure, after you get the learners and learn to drive, and pass yuh regs and d driving test you does get the drivers licence, ah think that is how it does go.

When I got mine you had to be 17 years old. That was in the mid '80....... You can use your permit in the US but only for 30 days..

When I get my learner's (which I neva use, mine you) I was 17. That was the early 80's

gotta b 17

ya u can use it in the us but only for a month or mayb less then u gotta get one for up there

No, it's not required.