My car CD player shuts off when the subwoofer gets too loud.?

i have a Kenwood mp535u cd player and a mtx 9500 15 inch speaker

Update:

I have a kenwood mp535u cd player, an mtx ta81001 amp, and a mtx 9500

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

its probably because the ground and the battery (+) connection isnt connected well enough, try reconnecting them again, and put the volume down a lil bit, then turn the up litltle by little untill it turns off.....

hope it helps

• 4 years ago

My friend had a CD player unit thing installed in her car and when she turns it up too loud it also shuts off, but it's supposed to be some 'safety' thing where it shuts off when the song gets too loud so the speakers won't blow out. This might be the same thing

• 1 decade ago

you need to probably add a capacitor into tha mix somewhere in that system. either that or get a bigger amp kit. im goin thru the same problem i got a nice *** sony xplod deck with a boss ripd3 3000watt class D monoblock(only amp made by boss true to wattage) pushing two apline type-R 12's and it shuts off. i have a 5.0 farad power acoustik capacitor that solved the problem before when it was doing the same thing when i had 2 15's hooked up. so yeah either a)capacitor or b)bigger amp kit(basically bigger gauge power wire w/ bigger in line fuse) try getting a dual fuse one so u can get about 150+amps just from the power wire, OR if you gots alotta $$ get a new high output alternator (capacitors are the cheap alternative to this) u'd be amazed by what a 1.5 farad cap would do to your power supply, email me if u gots ne other questions. im quite good wit tha car audio.

Source(s): me myself and 18 years of practice.
  • 1 decade ago

You CD player is telling you that your subwoofer is annoying others because it is too loud :)

But seriously your CD is probably shutting off because it is skipping

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

you need to put an amp in the system. more than likely your speaker is using to much power and overloading the head unit

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Make sure your amp and head unit are grounded properly

• 1 decade ago

yeah if you don't have an amp on that speaker it's going to kill your headunit if you do see if the protect light is going off if not check your wiring

• 1 decade ago

dont expect much from a kenwwood cd player.

• 1 decade ago

Good,not everyone likes your taste in music.

• 1 decade ago

where u buy it?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.