Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsEngineering · 1 decade ago

Environmental Engineers?

Anyone out there that is in this field? What do you do? Do you like it? How did you get into it?

Favorite Answer

You have to find a school that specializes in it - it is highly specialized. You can end up working in a wastewater treatment plant, or a company that specializes in soil remediation, or a water treatment agency, etc. You may have to go through civil engineering which is a more common approach to environmental engineering but there are no guarantees.

Check my profile. I used to evaluate the possible health hazard of pollutants from Army munitions plants that get into water and air. It was very interesting. I actually started in it "cold turkey" because I was in a production job which had a bad management structure, and was not satisfying. Once there, I went to night college to pick up a Master of Science in Env. Engineering.