Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 1 decade ago

viruses that Norton cant remove or ad ware or spy bot search and destroy Ho do you delete it?

i have a virus thaT I CANT REMOVE ANY IDEAS

Best Answer

Get spybot search and destroy and it will delete it after it has caught it will say fixit and you click on it and it is over. I had 73 spyware and I had scanned with Norton and it did not pick up all the spyware until my sister down loaded the spybot seek and destroy and it worked great and I got rid of them all.

2

Source(s): The Best Antivirus Software : http://MoveAntiVirus.com/?AJwl

Try them again in Safe Mode. Also, turn off System Restore to evict any copies of bad stuff that might be lurking there.

To get into Safe Mode:

1. Log out and reboot your machine.

2. When the machine starts the reboot sequence, press the F8 key

3. Select Safe Mode from the resulting menu.

4. The machine will continue booting, but the Windows desktop will look different. You won't be able to see the Internet, for instance. You may have to log in as Administrator to delete the bad files.

5. When you're finished, log out and reboot back into normal mode.

I assume you know what file contains the virus, but trying to remove it is futile because it is in a folder "in use" on your machine, such as the Windows Folder. Try as you may, you just can't seem to remove those obnoxious virus files placed in active folders. That is, until you use EMCO MoveOnBoot.

This is a free program you should be able to find online. HOWEVER, A MAJOR WORD OF WARNING. This program can delete ANY file you tell it to. You start the program, indicate the file you want to remove, reboot your system, and it runs first BEFORE the folder is "in use" by your windows operating system. The warning I give you is to make absolutely sure that the file you want to delete IS a file you want to delete. If you instead remove a vital file, your system isn't going to boot!

I had a virus in my Windows file that required me to use this program. If I remember correctly, my Norton Anti-Virus program FOUND the file, but couldn't remove it for me. So I went out and found this little utility program. It worked exactly as it said it would and upon rebooting, that obnoxious virus file was gone from my system!

But like I said...USE EXTREME CAUTION when using this program. If, for example, I had removed the wrong file I probably wouldn't be sitting here and typing this now.

GOOD LUCK!

I advise that the better shrink for contributions be performed away with, and that the optimal payouts in retirement nonetheless stay as they're, adjusted for inflation. Social protection isn't a "supply away" application yet one that all of us make a contribution to love a mark downs plan, and can be secure against different makes use of via the government. Do you settle or disagree and why? while you're so stressful approximately it then why do no longer you; first placed it returned into the very own sector and make to have been no can take out money from it for his or her very own pastime, 2d pay returned each and every penny you have borrowed from the two Social protection and Medicare, third take the unlawful immigrants off of it and people who come over right here yet in no way paid a penny to it, and finally have it the comparable for each individual; in different words government officers are to take part in it and in the event that they go with something greater they do it on their very own without the tax payers investment it?yet, the financial stytem feeding the imbalances had in no way been truly replaced. They, a team of scholars, pronounced that all and sundry expenditures of pastime could be 3% or much less for each individual to grow to be wealthy if needed (which could be actual additionally to taces). the excellent financial project could be, they pronounced, whilst there have been no expenditures of pastime. Why no longer do this answer? the wealthy might nonetheless be wealthy. My question is: whilst soial protection will become a difficulty linked to federal bills, why no longer paintings with a balanced or benefit budget and spend no greater effective than is provided in, as any family contributors has to try for? Why no longer ban all loobying presents with a view to get rules that serve the country? God bless u.s..

Take the advice from Phlebob--it is very good advice. BUT first turn off System Restore (in XP, right-click on My Computer, choose Properties, then System Restore tab).

You will need to restart your computer at that time, and use F8 while restarting to boot into Safe mode. Then do your spyware and anti-virus scans.

Restart your computer. I bet it is clean at this point (rescan if you wish to check). Then turn System Restor back on.

• qwert

restart in dos mode or boot off a linux live cd and delete the file.

but be careful, since deleting a system file can mess up your computer