are ABEC-5 skateboard bearing wheels fast?

Favorite Answer

the abec rating doesn't really mean to much, anything rated abec 3 to 7 can vary differently or the same. I've had abec 3 bearings that were faster and better than abec 7. The abec is the machine rating of the bearing it means nothing when actually applied to a skateboard. Swiss is also a machine rating but the swiss bearings are different and usally ride smoother and last longer. Are abec 5 bearings fast, yes they're fast so are 7's and 9's, but that doesn't mean they're better. It's all what you want and what brand, with bearings you really get what you pay for and they're one part of my skateboard that I don't skimp on, for me they're the most important part of the board and I only use bones brand bearings, bone reds are abec 5 and last longer than most other brands. Cleaning and relubing is also important. If you don't take care of the bearings they won't take care of you. Hope this helps

Source(s): 16 years skateboarding

whats Abec?

they're ok i had abec 5 barrings once too...i got sick of em cuzz they were too slow...so i went to get some ATM's they are much better than the abec 5's

heres a site where it tell you about bearings

http://skateboard.about.com/od/boardmaintenance/ss...