Why do girls stay in bad relationships?

Why do girls stay in relationships they know are bad. Then when the chance comes where they can finally get out of the relationship they stay, and then the next time the relationship starts going sour they start complaining again how they want out

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Bood
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Those kinds of girls are afraid to be alone and start fresh. They know they are in a bad relationship but because they've been in for so long they are afraid to get out. Either that or they like the drama. Don't bother with girls like that. If they don't want to improve their life they aren't worth it.

• 1 decade ago

It's all about patterns and comfort levels. What you need to realize is that people, not just women, are most comfortable when they are in a pattern of behavior that they recognize and are comfortable with.

When it comes to relationships this can be a dastardly and even deadly combination. If a woman grows up in an abusive (mental, emotion, physical, sexual) situation she is going to recognize subconsciously that type of behavior as "proper" for intimate relationships.

It's why women who were abused as children mostly end up in abusive marriages or relationships.

So all this said, the reason women don't leave abusive relationships is because they feel that that is what love really is. Even if on an intellectual level they know they should leave, their guts literally tell them, that this is what a relationship is supposed to be like.

It takes an extremely strong and insightful woman to break that cycle.

And by the way, don't think that just because you are a "nice" guy and her "best friend" who she says has tons to offer to the "right" girl means that she is interested in you. She's not. She is damaged goods. And she needs professional help to break that cycle. Your offer as good as it might seem doesn't fit her current ideas of an intimate, sexual relationship.

Sorry.

• 1 decade ago

I guess you could say I'm going through the same thing. I won't leave my guy because I really love him and I am also afraid to be alone. My guy has been the only one that has wanted to be with me, so I would be scared to lose him. That's just me. It's different for everyone.

• 1 decade ago

Many girls stay in relationships because:

For the sake of having a boyfriend.

They don't want to be single again.

They really want to trust their boyfriend.

They're idiots.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Because they are *rarely* as bad as many women tell other people. You are getting one side of a story, and she knows more about the other side than she lets on.

• 6 years ago

Because allot of them think he will change and become a nice person he once used to be. Or because they feel they won't be able to find anyone better. Don't like the feeling of being alone and lonely.

• 1 decade ago

i'd never stay in a bad relationship. i have a very low tolerance for people who mess with me, so if somebody was treating me bad i'd be out of there in a second.

• escher
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

They're afraid they won't find someone as "good" They cling to the few things they like about the guy, believing "I'll never find someone as handy, funny, handsome...etc" and they hope their love can change him

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

they care deeply about the person...they have a fear of being alone or not finding someone else and we have faith it'll work out

• 1 decade ago

Because they are insecure. And they believe the guy when he swears he'll change.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.