How can you tell when it is time to flip pancakes?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

After pouring the pancake batter, the side towards the griddle is done when the bubbles on top of the opposite or batter side have burst and left small holes. The batter takes on a dry sheen as well. When this happens, it is time to flip the pancake. Before doing so, lift up a corner of it with a spatula to make sure it's nicely browned on the bottom. Using a wide spatula, lift the pancake off the griddle and flip it over, placing it back down on the griddle. When golden brown, remove pancake from griddle

• 1 decade ago

Cover the bottom of a frying pan with butter and spoon in a small amount of pancake mixture.

When the pancake bubbles, flip it over and cook until it is brown.

• 1 decade ago

The bubble thing works fine but the best way is just to take your spatula and peak under the pancake to check the color. There's no rule in cooking pancakes that says you can't lift up an edge for a second. It won't change they way they cook.

• 1 decade ago

Pan or griddle temperature is critical for pancakes. 350 degrees F. is optimal. If it's too hot, the cakes will burn before they are cooked enough to turn. If it's not hot enough, the cakes will run, become too thin, get leathery or not cook all the way through.

Turn cakes when the bubbles around the edges start to pop, the edges start to loose their shine and a little bit of brown will be seen around the edges.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

How can you tell when it is time to flip pancakes?

Source(s): time flip pancakes: https://shortly.im/SMHKe
  • 1 decade ago

i always flip my pancakes when the side not on the griddle is full with bubbles and starts to look dry. and if you cook them at a low temperature, they are less likely to get real brown. you'll get the nice golden color everyone likes :)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Don't cook them on high heat-- I flip mine when the little bubbles start to break.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

When the top starts to look dry and bubbly, flip 'em.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Its just like flipping eggs. Like what I mean is when you flip eggs you'll here this noise or you can smell it perfectly then you flip it.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It's a trick!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.