Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 decade ago

How do I make chocolate chip cookies without brown sugar?

Is it possible to make good chocolate chip cookies without brown sugar? My brother's are gone, and I thought it would be nice if I could make them some chocolate chip cookies for when they get home... but I discovered I don't have any brown sugar... Is it possible to make it without brown sugar, and still be good? :| Thanks!

Best Answer

=D What a sweet sister..!! I think they'll taste great!

• Jay

It will have a different taste and somewhat different texture with white sugar. But not necessarily bad.

If you have any molasses, you can use a tablespoon of that to compensate. I think that makes a better taste, anyway.

What you might consider is doing a sugar cookie that just so happens to have a few chocolate chips in it. Follow a sugar cookie recipe.

yes! you can use molasses like suggested or even a little pancake syrup. the only reason that the recipes call for brown sugar is for the texture. brown sugar makes cookies more chewy while white sugar will make them more crispy. Just make sure not to over cook them, cause they will burn quick at the edges. good luck!

• Juliet

You sure can! Just use white sugar. Do you have molasses? All brown sugar is, is white sugar with the molasses left in. So you can just add a little molasses to the recipe and it'll be great.

If you have natural sugar (unrefined) that's good too.

you can make chocolate chip cookies without brown sugar ,simply make drop sugar cookies and add the chocolate chips,very good.

Source(s): made these before

Just use white sugar and add about a teaspoon of molasses per cup of sugar.

Brown sugar is just white sugar with molasses added.

Source(s): me

2 tablespoon syrup per 1 cup brown sugar.

Source(s): My Nanny didn't use brown sugar either.

Of course! Use white sugar.

yes... try foodnetwork.com for a recipe i've made them before but I dont have the recipe handy. And btw you're such a good sister

sorry, but I don't know...