Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 1 decade ago

Japanese Food?

Can you guys tell me what are really good Japanese Foods that mostly everyone likes. Thanks.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I'm of Japanese Heritage. I can tell you that Egg rolls and Spring rolls and fried rice are not Japanese!

Some popular foods that are Japanese include

Tempura (especially Shrimp and eggplant)

Tonkatsu (fried pork cutlets)

Okonomiyaki ( A savoury pancake topped with meat and veggies with a seasoned mayonnaise based sauce)

Unagi (broiled eel with a savory sauce)

Sushi (all types especially inari and maki)

Maguro (tuna in all forms)

Misoshiro (miso soup topped with chopped scallions, and bonito shavings)

• 1 decade ago

GYUUDON is good (marinated, thin sliced beef over rice), and KATSUDON is pretty well-liked too (battered, deep-fried porkchop, then pan fried covered with an egg beaten with soy sauce, sugar, and green onion. Served on rice). You can buy instant YAKISOBA - (pan fried noodles), and it's pretty good. YAKITORI (marinated chicken kabobs) are popular, and you can't go wrong with RAMEN (the real stuff, not the kind in a plastic bag or styrophone cup). Cold SOBA noodles(buckwheat noodles dipped in a sauce made from soysauce, wasabi, green onion and diluted to taste with water) are great in the summer. Everybody loves TEMPURA (various deep-fried vegetables, but also often shrimp as well. The batter is just tempura flour and water mixed together). It is also often eaten with the soba.

Source(s): 6th year living in Japan
  • 1 decade ago

JAPANESE-STYLE FRIED CHICKEN

1 lb. chicken thighs

2 tbsp. soy sauce

2 tbsp. Japanese sake

2 tsp. fresh ginger juice, grate and squeeze out juice

5 tbsp. cornstarch

Vegetable oil for deep frying

Using a fork, prick holes all over the chicken. Cut into 2-inch pieces.

Mix soy sauce, Japanese sake and fresh ginger juice. Steep chicken in the soy sauce mixture for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Heat vegetable oil to 330 to 340 degrees and fry slowly and well.

JAPANESE BEEF

1 lb. very thin sliced round steak

2 tbsp. peanut oil

1 to 2 pkgs. frozen Birds Eye Japanese vegetables (not stir-fry)

1 to 2 tbsp. soy sauce

Slice steak (on diagonal) and brown in oil. Cook about 5 to 10 minutes and add frozen vegetables. Add soy sauce and stir. Cook about 10 minutes. Serve over rice.

• 1 decade ago

i haven't met anyone who didn't like shrimp tempura, sukiyaki and chicken teriyaki!

i love katsudon, japanese fried rice, fried pork cutlets with japanese curry sauce and rice, yakitori chicken or seafood (grilled) is good too, tepanyaki (stir fried on the misono table) steaks and seafood are great!!!

gyoza which is a pan seared dumpling with meat and veggies inside is really yummy too.

and let's not forget japanese ramen noodles!!!

i could eat japanese food everyday!!! mmmmmm!!!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Sushi

• 1 decade ago

those who are not squimish bout raw foods loves the tuna/salmon sashimi with lots of wasabi in their sauce of course. traditional ppl (not Japanese of course) loves shrimp tempura and california maki and kani (those artificial crab meat sticks that you see nowadays even at the supermarkets)

• 1 decade ago

Beef/chicken teriyaki. Tempura. gyoza. edamame. miso soup. if your going for the non sushi eaters.

and for the non daring sushi eaters, any roll w/ tempura... like a crunch roll is good.

• 4 years ago

jap :) all the chinese language nutrition here seems greasy and bleh while you may get a greater physically powerful variety of vegetables and fish from jap nutrition. I additionally discover it to flavor greater helpful.

• 1 decade ago

udon noodles, spring rolls, fried rice

• 1 decade ago

sushi, my all time favorite is the spicy tuna roll. delicious

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.