What is the best restaurant in La Quinta, California?

I'll bet it is the Sandbar. For the price, atmosphere, quality, and service.

Favorite Answer

I haven't been to La Quinta in a year, but have been a few times to visit my Aunt and Uncle. I have dined at Sandbar once, and enjoyed it a lot. It's a retro, big-band era dining experience with rich food, strong drinks, and great service.

My favortie place is the La Quinta Cliff House, though (78250 Hwy 111, La Quinta, CA 92253). I've been there a few times and it has always been great. The restaurant atmosphere is sort of casual and Southwest feeling, but the delicious cuisine includes fresh seafood and steaks. I crave their baked artichoke appetizer--it's to die for! If the temperature is bearable outside, you should sit on the outside dining room patio. Overall, the restaurant is a lot of fun, service is friendly, and the food is good.

My Aunt was just raving about a new place in old town La Quinta called BLEND --- it's owned by a newly married chef couple. She said it's a great restaurant with exquisite cuisine and very attentive staff --- nice and reasonably priced wine list and has a fabulous tasting menu. It's definitely on my agenda for our trip at the end of September!

La Quinta, huh? I was born and raised there! As a kid, we used to go to Ciro's (good for pizza). There is more than one in La Quinta, but the one I know of was located on 78110 Calle Estado, La Quinta. There was another resteraunt (Mexican food) and it was located across the street from Von's Shopping Center and it was at the corner where Del Taco was. I can't think of the name right now, but there are many good places! I agree with the person above, LG's Steakhouse is really good!

I think the best restaurant is on eof these two.

LG's Steakhouse

It is locally owned, nice atmosphere, great food and great service.

http://www.lgsprimesteakhouse.com/

78-525 Rte. 111

(Washington St.)

La Quinta, CA 92253

760-771-9911

The Cliffhouse - American Cuisine

This place is new and it is awesome. It is a historic ranch house with a fireplace and mountain and desert views. You can even dine outside in aa temperature controlled terrace. You have got to try it!

http://www.laquintacliffhouse.com/

78-250 Rte. 111

(Washington St.)

La Quinta, CA 92253

760-360-599

Goog luck and Enjoy!

I have a 2nd home there and here are my favorites:

LG's - gotta have the Caesar Salad, they prepare it the old school way - table side

Fisherman's Wharf - Excellent seafood try the Dungeness Crab and calamari

La Casita - any location

El Ranchito - any location

El Mexicali ll - Indio, featured on Food Network (tell George Trish sent you)

Murph's Gaslight - Bermuda Dunes Airport - Best pan friend chicken you will ever have. Chicken and dumplings will make you cry they are so good. A place your grandparents would love.

Thai Smile - pretty good for the desert

Louise's Pantry - an institution, love there home made jams

Arnold Palmer's - Great food, great drinks, lots of fun