Jessi asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

Tips for weight loss?

My boyfriend and I just decided we're going to go to Jamaica for his birthday in January 2008... my goal is to lose 25 lbs by then. Any tips to help motivate me?

I dont have a whole lot of time to work out but I do have some... do you have any videos or routines or anything you like? i have an elliptical I will be using.. but I like to change it up

I'm not relying on diet because I'm a picky eater.. I dont even like salads

Im actually only 148.. 160 was where i was at before i lost some

Favorite Answer

A good/healthy weight loss plan is to loose about 2 lbs. a week. That totals up to 8 lbs a month, so you have about 6 months to work out.. that means its possible for you to loose 25lbs and still be healthy.

I agree, I don't like salads either. But you should know that 50-70% of the weight loss is actually based on your diet and the rest, you just have to work out. Cardio ( running, elliptical...) is a great way to work out. I know that it's really hard to actually get yourself to go to a gym and start exercising, but once you're there and everyone else is running or working towards the same goal as you are, you WILL run :). But if you refuse to go to a gym for any reason, I know there are some few movies you can download or buy. There's pilates, and my favorite is actually something called hip hop abs ( if you like dancing) here's the website for it if you're interested http://www.beachbody.com/jump.jsp?itemType=GATEWAY...

there's a video for the sample.

Just think about loosing little by little on your way, don't think about the whole 25 lbs in a big chunk that you have to loose. And also, another motivation might be to consider about your health, a long term goal to get healthier instead of just temporarily loosing weight.

Other than that, good luck !

I would suggest a cleansing diet. I lost 12 pounds in 9 days and then 28 pounds in less than a month. I also lost a lot of inches too! I learned that cleansing will help the body get rid of impurities. Impurities come from a lot of things like fast food, pollution, food additives and preservatives and lots of other things. The impurities get stored in the fat in our body. To get rid of the fat, we have to get rid of the impurities by cleansing the body. This made sense to me and I decided to try a cleanse program and it worked. The weight came off fast and this kept me motivated to keep going, not like other diets where the weight loss it too slow. I did Jenny Craig, Weight Watcher and Medifast. If you want to learn more call the toll free number 1-877-587-4647 or check out the website. This was the first time I ever did a cleanse, it was easy and I feel better. Good luck whatever you decide to do! http://diet4cleansing.com/

That's a very attainable goal! All you really need exercise wise is 30 minutes at least 3 times a week - good, sustained cardiovascular exercise combined with a little strength training will definitely help! As for diet, you'll probably need to change your eating habits a little, but nothing drastic - no need to eat salads every day :) Just make sure you're eating lean cuts of meat, lots of fruits and veggies, whole grains, and lots of water. I know plenty of people who have lost a few pounds just by cutting out sodas altogether!

Check out sparkpeople.com (tell them isabellaj referred you!) - its a free website that can provide you with an (optional) meal plan, exercise program, and lots of motivational tools to help you reach your goal. I lost 11lbs with them during the first month I joined!

Good luck and have fun in Jamaica!

Source(s): Curves Circuit Coach

I am weight loss program utilizing the Chinese wholemeal vitamin (I name it that as an overly gigantic guy in China misplaced weight in this vitamin and it constant his diabetes and a few different scientific problems he had because of being over weight). I lose approximately four.five kilos per week in this vitamin. (I used to be 299 kilos at one level - now 248 kilos) It is as a substitute restrictive even though. Basically you'll have something wholemeal, rolled oats, brown rice, wholemeal pasta and so forth, and drink water. You do not have got to activity. (Google matters regarded 'wholemeal' for a entire record. The vitamin may not comprise bread even though, so put out of your mind approximately wholemeal bread). The problematic factor is the vitamin is as a substitute bland. BUT, I determined as soon as I began seeing outcome (which used to be instantly) I determined it spurred me on, so I caught with it. I did fall off the wagon and and a pizza and a few different speedy meals at one level and placed weight again on, however then I bought again at the vitamin once more, and primary day again at the vitamin misplaced three kilos. But, seek advice your physician involving this vitamin. I attempted weight reduction capsules, however the ones prescribed by means of my physician gave me center palpitations and the 'typical' ones you'll get and not using a prescription did not anything for me.

lot has to do with your metabolism, some people eat what ever they want and dont gain weight, others have to watch junk foods and drinks, diets are hard some work some dont just have to find out how your body reacts to less food, sometimes eating less doesn't mean you ll lose more, but if your not fat and just want to look toned up cut out a lot of the grease, dairy, tuna works but it might be harmful for women because of the mercury from the tuna. instead of frys, try chips and salsa, just some simple tips that helped me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnkQU6QGUkY

Youtube thumbnail

here's some work outs and just don't drink soda and you ll lose 10 lbs a year guaranteed but just eat 6 to 5 small meals a day to keep ya metabolism uo and youll be fine good luck

Chew thoroughly chewing each bite 30 times before swallowing

• Cindy

dont skip meals

• Cassie

don t eat in front of t v

Avoid eating while rading listening songs and watching tv at your home or keep by kepping your hands busy