YES!!!!! who else is happ that avril is getting sued for that HORRIBLE SONG!!!!?

there's a yahoo article about it. who else is happy!?!?

• Favorite Answer

She should be sued for making what she calls music!! I want to puke everytime someone calls her punk. If she's punk than the Sex Pistols, Ramones and the Clash are adult contemporary.

Yeah She Deserves To Be Sued. It's Scandalous How Much She Ripped Off The Rubinoos. Although... How Sad Is It That She Couldn't Even Come Up With That Song On Her Own? It Majorly Sucks And It Turns Out She Practically Stole It! Pathetic.

Avril Lavigne being sued by songwriters

They say she ripped off their song

05.Jul.07 10:14pm

Avril Lavigne is being sued by a Seventies songwriting team who say her song 'Girlfriend' is just like one they wrote years ago.

Tommy Dunbar who founded the band The Rubinoos says that the Canadian songstress's track 'Girlfriend' bears a striking resemblance to a 1978 Rubinoos song 'I Wanna Be Your Boyfriend'.

The co-writer of Lavigne's track, Dr. Luke, is also being sued, as is her company Avril Lavigne Publishing.

Dunbar founded the Rubinoos as a teen with his friend Jon Rubin in 1973.

Lavigne's manager Terry McBride is insisting that there is nothing similar between the songs and has apparently had a musicologist confirm it.

However, McBride is apparently prepared to settle out of court of the suit becomes too expensive to fight. Lavigne has insurance that covers such lawsuits.

This is the second incident of songwriting problems for the singer in recent weeks.

Last week Canadian songwriter Chantal Kreviazuk told 'Performing Songwriter' magazine that she will never again work with Lavigne saying she will "cross the ethical line and no one says anything. That's why I'll never work with her again. I sent her a song two years ago called 'Contagious,' and I just saw the track listing to this album, and there's a song called 'Contagious' on it-and my name's not on it.'

I am just tired of articles and news agencies calling her Punk. I am not into Punk but was a teenager in the 80's and I am pretty sure she is completely a POP act and not a really good one.

• Julia

Better question: who in their right mind would want to take credit for anything remotely similar?

Go somewheres dark with her for all i care. shes probably done a million freakin times.

I posted something on this earlier...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3rZEuR242Y

Youtube thumbnail

There's the song comparison. I thought it was funny, cause I just can't stand her.

YAY!!! what song? girlfriend?

actually...i could care less. haha.

it is funny though, the "i want to be your boyfriend" song and Girlfriend, are identical in some parts.

• MC BC

Actually I could really careless about her, but thanks for the update in celebrity gossip, I haven't picked up the lasted People magazine yet!

I hope it's the song "Girlfriend"! I hate the remix, and the regular song.